What sort of fret shape profile it most useful for maximizing a guitarist's reach?

My gut tells me "medium frets" because I don't have to fret the note right up against the wire - but I'd like the input of other folks.

The reason I ask is that I'm a lefty guitarist with small-ish hands and short-ish fingers (nothing too freakish) and I'm playing a guitar with a 24.75 in. scale, 22 frets, a neck that's 21.5 mm thick at the 1st fret, and medium-jumbo frets. I've got it setup to be about as "chord-friendly" as it can be without heavily-compromising my ability to bend strings.

Even with the above (and lots of practice) - I find that certain chord shapes in the 1st position can fatigue my fingers and even make them sore. I'm hoping to avoid carpal tunnel...
Play a bunch of guitars with different fretwires and see which one you like the most. You'll never know whats really right for you if you merely rely on us to give you an answer
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Play a bunch of guitars with different fretwires and see which one you like the most. You'll never know whats really right for you if you merely rely on us to give you an answer

Playing the acutal guitar is always the acid test...

That's where being a lefty really hurts. While I can usually find retailers who will say "we can order a lefty for you - just tell us which one you want"...I've got little/no chance to be able to walk into a guitar store, pick up a lefty of the wall, and plug it into an amp. Lord knows I've tried...