Hi guys, I've got a 94 strat plus. I just brought it to a guitar shop to get setup and the owner told me I should look into which green the guitar is, because he thought it may be rarer than I think it was. Now I would never sell this guitar because it has sentimental value to me, but I'm curious to find out if he's right. I'll include a few pictures so you can see it (I put a few because the color is hard to photograph and varies in different lighting). Thanks for your time.

I don't know much about these matters, I'm just thinking off of the top of my head, but maybe there's a way you could identify the colour using a serial number.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Dec 17, 2011,
Looks to be Sage Green. Sweet guitar BTW. =D
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
pretty much positive its sage green. just a little too blueish to be candy green, and not blue enough to be sherwood green
Quote by Pac_man0123
Doesn't look silver enough to be sage green imo... Looks like Sherwood.

Sherwood looks the closest to me too. The sage green is a lot more pale.

EDIT -
The people below talking about Bahama Green are pretty much spot on, in my opinion.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Dec 17, 2011,
Quote by Carl6661
Sherwood looks the closest to me too. The sage green is a lot more pale.

From that color chart I have to agree.

But from what I know about the Strat Plus series, I think that it is actually a variation of surf green. I know in the early-mid 90's especially with that series there was a lot of arguing and confusion about the color because practically every surf green strat plus was a different shade. Some darker, some lighter.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
appears to be an 80's strat plus.

i'm sure there is a short list of greens they came in. (i'm guessing sherwood as well).

damn nice guitar.
have a look at this... almost 100% positive this is the same as your's... only difference is the fretboard

1988 Bahama Green Strat
Vintage V100 Les Paul Icon Gold Top
Indie Shape "Black Jack" Special Edition
ESP LTD MH-200
Stagg Dreadnought Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 15 modeling amp
Last edited by RiffRaff61 at Dec 17, 2011,
^ This is correct. There was a very limited run of the Strat Plus in Bahama Green. Exceedingly rare.
Quote by RiffRaff61
have a look at this... almost 100% positive this is the same as your's... only difference is the fretboard

1988 Bahama Green Strat

Looks closer than any of the other greens
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
That 1988 Bahama green looks to be the exact color. I've looked up the serial number before, it's definitely a 1993-94 strat according to the serial. Is there any way to look up which colors the strat pluses were available in for each year? I've founded info on 80s strat pluses in bahama green, but nothing on the strats from the 90s. Thanks for the help so far guys!
I've done some intensive research on your behalf and could find no information whatsoever for mid 90's models in Bahama Green... are you positive of the dating on your's? just a thought...
Vintage V100 Les Paul Icon Gold Top
Indie Shape "Black Jack" Special Edition
ESP LTD MH-200
Stagg Dreadnought Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 15 modeling amp
seems to me like a lot of the colors on that model varied year to year, and that some colors
werent list as being available even though they were, for that year.

you can post your serial number here if you'd like someone to look into the dating more.
(serial numbers are not like social security numbers)
no one can use it to steal your guitar's identity.

if you dont want to post it, that's fine.
i'm sure you can contact fender via email...

http://www.fender.com/support/articles/contact-consumer-relations

and get a response within the week.
see if they give you anything more specific.

i've found them to be hit or miss as for as knowing
more than me.

either way, you've got your color and a nice guitar
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011