Are there any guitar companies that are currently making aluminum neck guitars that aren't extremely expensive? I'm looking to replicate that Albini guitar sound but $2,200 for a EGC 500 is way outta my range.
I think all of those Travis bean guitars are quite pricey.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Look into a Kramer 650G. They are gorgeous guitars and can be found for under $1000. Someday I will own another.
the only company i know of that's making aluminum necks is Electrical Guitar Company but their guitars are like $2000 and up
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
The old kramers that had aluminum necks are great. They were made in the 70's and some in the 80's. Sometime's they're a bit pricey, but most of the time you can ebay 'em for less than $1200.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Quote by Woffelz
That would be great for metal.

You sure about that? It has no "Points" on it. A pointy guitar is required to play Metal. Everybody knows that. The more points, the better you will play.
I am on a journey to find the ultimate sustain with my guitar, i heard that the Kramer DMZ 6000 had great sustain because of its aluminum neck. Help me find an aluminum neck for my guitar?
Quote by thehikingdude
You sure about that? It has no "Points" on it. A pointy guitar is required to play Metal. Everybody knows that. The more points, the better you will play.

I was making a pun out of the OP, because aluminum is a metal.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by JD2k9
AluminIum.

Wait, are you from Canada or somethin'?
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Take your time and scan ebay for Kramer's. They are probably the most affordable lumies you will find. Simple things like missing a roller string guide pin are almost impossible to find. Make sure the neck is straight,straightening a aluminum neck is a huge pita. Very rare that one would warp but it has happened. Make sure it has decent frets too. Takes special attention to refret a ebonol fret board. Seen a few out there with chipped fret boards from bad refrets. Head over to vintagekramer.com and learn a few things about them so you won't get stuck with a dud that needs work.

Aluminum Kramer's are some of the highest quality guitars made and come in many different body shapes. Priced well under the $2200 range you mentioned. I've seen them dip below $600 on occasion and $750 would be an average price. There is a nice one with a $700 bin on the bay now.

I was lucky enough to get mine as a gift,purchased from a local pawn shop as a no name guitar. It really is the finest instrument I have ever owned.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Air_Vengeance/pictures/gear/general/963548
My Kramer's:
79 DMZ6000G
83 Pacer Imp
83 Vanguard
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Baretta
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Condor
86 Pacer Imperial
86 JK2000
86 JK6000
87 Focus Mutt
09 Gary Kramer Crusader
The Aluminum-necked Kramers were indeed of very high quality. Unlike the Travis Bean guitars, the Kramers had two wood inserts running the length of the neck so it didn't feel so "metallic." The only drawback to the Kramers is that between the necks, the thick ebonol fretboards and the exotic body woods, they were very heavy instruments. You'll get a workout playing one of those things standing up for a four-hour gig.

The Travis Bean guitars were the first "serious" attempts at a production-model guitar with an aluminum neck. I never cared for them, but the quality was exceptionally good.

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by richardlpalmer
Wait, are you from Canada or somethin'?

Nope, England, in the rest of the world that call it aluminium seriously, aluminum sounds like a dangerous radioactive material
Quote by JD2k9
Nope, England, in the rest of the world that call it aluminium seriously, aluminum sounds like a dangerous radioactive material

I don't disagree. I live right next door to Canada so hear that all the time. Never been abroad though, so wasn't sure if that was a UK thing, too. Sounds like it's "the rest of the world"...

I'll be in England in a few months though -- finally!
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
i have a beautiful 1977 kramer 350G that is heavier than i need to deal with on a daily basis. it is in near mint condition with the original (beautiful) case. i would be willing to sell, but i live in belgium. shipping a thing that heavy would cost a fortune. but feel free to talk to me about it and i'll mail some pics.