hey all,

ok i dont really know how to explain this but i'll so my best. (i wish i had a picture) but anyways, i was changing my strings today and when i went to put back on the new g string i noticed that no matter how much more i tuned it, the string just kept having a real disgusting sound. (which none of the other strings had)

so i start to look at the bridge and i notice that each one of the things that holds the string in place (not sure what the technical term is but its the bridge) and each of them has 2 things that look like screws on it but the one thats holding the g string only has one.

so my question is, is there something wrong with the bridge or should it still work, or how can i fix it?

hope this made sense, thanks in advance.

my bass is ibanez gsr 200 in case you needa know.
Quote by thrash17
each one of the things that holds the string in place (not sure what the technical term is but its the bridge) and each of them has 2 things that look like screws on it but the one thats holding the g string only has one.

You're talking about this correct?

Its called a saddle. Those little grub screws on the sides allow you to adjust the action (height of the saddle) with a small allen wrench. You should have two screws in each saddle, to hold it at the correct height. If you're missing a screw, your action is far too low, and/or the saddle is tilted to the side and not holding the string in place properly.

If the screw slipped out or something while you were changing strings, find it and put it back in place. Otherwise you'll have to find a new screw, find a replacement saddle, or buy a new bridge.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
yeah thats what i was talking about. and actually i took the strings off a few days ago but never had a chance to restring them so i dont know where the original screw is.
do you know what kind of screw this is?
Quote by thrash17

so i start to look at the bridge and i notice that each one of the things that holds the string in place (not sure what the technical term is but its the bridge)

called a saddle
EDIT: dangit i didnt read tostitos post
good luck
Which bridge is it?

or...

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley