I am looking into getting a flanger pedal. My budget is 100 USD. I play tool, muse, queens of the stone age, the mars volta, incubus...

cheaper models that I am looking at are the Boss BF-2 and the Ibanez CF-7, but I am also looking at the Ibanez FL-9, MXR micro flanger, and Boss BF-3. Thank you for the suggestions.

Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by Weaponxclaws
If you play those bands and want to sound like them, research which pedals they use...

Adam Jones uses a Chopper Effects pedal board
Troy van Leeuwun uses a Maxon FL-9

Do the research yourself next time.

what the hell is your deal?

he is doing his own research. he listed quite a few options in his OP, and was looking from opionions on the pedals he mentioned. he gave you the sound he was lookingfor and you come back at him for what they used.

i have the electric mistress and i like it, its interesting when you mix the chorus in with it. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/electro-harmonix-xo-stereo-electric-mistress-flanger--chorus-guitar-effects-pedal . it works great for me. however its a little bit over your budget.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
i've done the research. But I am interested in hearing good or bad experiences people on this forum have had with any of the pedals I have mentioned.

to trashdlostfdup: I'll have to look that one up. It is a little out of my budget, but maybe I can stretch it. Thanks.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Last edited by psychokiller99 at Dec 16, 2011,
look up the airplane flanger, cool stuff
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Adam Jones use's a Boss BF-2(maybe a BF-3 not postive)
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Quote by psychokiller99
i've done the research. But I am interested in hearing good or bad experiences people on this forum have had with any of the pedals I have mentioned.

to trashdlostfdup: I'll have to look that one up. It is a little out of my budget, but maybe I can stretch it. Thanks.

there are really two features with the Electric Mistriss that will leave it on my board for a long time. one thing i like is that it runs your chorus and flanger at the same rate (timing), you could turn the flanger down to zero and just have chorus, or the other way around.

i also like the stereo function.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/