Hey,
I have the opportunity to buy either of these amps. Which one would you recommend?
Thanks,
Michael
I got the 6505 about a month ago and it's a great amp.

i dono about the 500..
Don"t Be A Bitch.
6505, /thread

The Fender Metalhead is AWFUL.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Thanks.

One last question. Can I buy the 6505+ and plug it into my Line 6 Spider III's speakers, while I save up for the cab?
How do you plan on doing that? I was certain the spider III had the speaker wired to the amp's head?
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
At the back it says...

Speaker Outputs - Class 2 Wiring & Has 2 Input Jacks

One says "Right 8 Ohms", and "Left 8 Ohms"?
You could go buy a cord from radio shack that is a 1/4 inch plug on one end and whatever on the other end. Then cut off the whatever end ( mine was a RCA plus to 1/4 inch speaker plug)of the plug and strip the two wires. Wire them to the speaker inside the line 6 AFTER you unplug the stock speaker wires.Make sure you plug into the correct input , 8ohm,16ohm ,whatever the speaker says it is. I have my Vypyr 30 hooked up to my 2x12 Mesa Rec Cabinet like this (actually just the opposite) and it works and sounds great!It's very simple, but you won't be able to turn it up really loud or you'll blow the speaker with a 6505 easily! Also, it won't sound as good as a good quality speaker will in a closed back cabinet. But, it will get you by.
Last edited by bwake72 at Dec 16, 2011,
TS - Welcome to UG

help us help you would ya?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387138

Quote by Ottoman100
At the back it says...

Speaker Outputs - Class 2 Wiring & Has 2 Input Jacks

One says "Right 8 Ohms", and "Left 8 Ohms"?

It is a stereo amp, and I don't think it is tube...

but seriously, if it doesn't have mono option then just sell it and focus your money and decisions on something that will work. We've all been there done that bro.