Page 3 of 4
Quote by JCGGUITARS
are you doing robot tuners? that would be epic!

yeh, robot tuners are cool, if you're 13
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
I wanna see the new design. Best of luck on the build. I absolutely LOVE Firebirds. Would own one myself if I wasn't buying a new amp.
Quote by GABarrie
yeh, robot tuners are cool, if you're 13

Hey! I was 13 only a few days ago, and I didn't think robot tuners were cool! I feel deeply offended. Just trolling
I think this alberker is on to something. Ditch the entire guitar and build the Tower of London.

...Looking forward to the final product.
that's pretty much case in point though mate the firebird X exists only for young kids to drool over and rich men who have more money than guitar ability :p
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Quote by inkandlead
I think this alberker is on to something. Ditch the entire guitar and build the Tower of London.

...Looking forward to the final product.

That made me lol. He has posted that everywhere. Don't know what the deal is.
Quote by Wisthekiller
And trying to dye with oil based paint. Any better tips on getting a black finish without spraying? The second one down, if I clean it up would be bearable, but I'd prefer a

Mississippi here, I can't spray either. I usually take black createx airbrush paint and mix it with a bit of water before rubbing it on with a balled up t-shirt.
Quote by CJ Noble
Mississippi here, I can't spray either. I usually take black createx airbrush paint and mix it with a bit of water before rubbing it on with a balled up t-shirt.

I decided to be stupid and go for paint. Nitro may be easier, I dunno.
Dont post unless you have pictures!

You haven't posted in a while so give us updaaaaaates!

No excuses!

You can't tell because it still looks like shit, but I kinda sanded the sides. The glue is still on top because I never sanded it down either... that will get done...

By the way, new design: not all black. Chrome sides and chrome-middle thing that Firebirds have that's normally the neck because it's a neckthrough, but mine is bolt on. Going for an old black and chrome hotrod look.
Last edited by Wisthekiller at Mar 19, 2012,
Just came here to say

MOAR PICS

Keep it up man. Not such a fan of the guitar, but it looks hawt. That cut looks freaking great, all that's needed is just a nice finish IMO. Very surprised how good it came out being freehanded n all I would have no hope at all for something like that

EDIT: Oh and EMGs would be sooo sick :P
Fender Blacktop Stratocaster w/ Floyd Rose
Vox Valvetronix 40+
Last edited by Sonolin at Mar 27, 2012,
hey have you finished the build yet? if so, then
Quote by Sonolin

MOAR PICS
if not, an update on the progress would be nice
Call me walrus! Or latte!

Gear:
Fernandes Retrorocket Deluxe DG
G&L Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top
Fender Lonestar Deluxe Reissue (MIM, Texas Specials and Pearly Gates HB)
ZOOM G5
Danelectro Daddy-O overdrive
Fbg$
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
well, then, im just waiting for the pics now when its finished
Call me walrus! Or latte!

Gear:
Fernandes Retrorocket Deluxe DG
G&L Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top
Fender Lonestar Deluxe Reissue (MIM, Texas Specials and Pearly Gates HB)
ZOOM G5
Danelectro Daddy-O overdrive
don't get preggo, eh?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Well I didn't wake up 'til noon or so and didn't get out of bed until 2 (with a new girl, there's a certain song by Akon ft. The Lonely Island that describes what I did). It's been raining since then so no work done but I figured I'd get this bumped.

Anyone wanna recommend a way to smooth the edges really quick? As in the sides, since they were cut separately are not completely in the right shape.
Quote by Wisthekiller
there's a certain song by Akon ft. The Lonely Island that describes what I did

I see what you did there
Hey, Wis. YOU SUCK! But, more importantly, does she? And now it seems you have a problem with too much wood. Life's a bitch, eh? Maybe if you put on some sandpaper shorts and strap that body to your butt you'll get it smoothed real quick.

OK. That was way over the line and I apologise. Good luck with your new girl and your build. I know which one I'd be concentrating on. And remember: pics or it didn't happen.

Yeah. Definitely time to go.
hey wis did you contract teh dizeezes or are you working?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

Okay. Not gonna lie, whenever I see your posts I check it...
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

I'll admit, it'd be great if I could work on this more but I'm usually too busy.

Schools out which means I have a full time job. You try working 8-5 in Florida heat as a general laborer (digging holes, painting, loading/unloading trucks, etc...) without getting tired. I am modding one of my guitars ('89 Kramer Striker) quite a bit and getting a new guitar (to mod immediately) though if you wanna keep check in the EG forum in about 2 weeks.
YOU SUCK!

Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Quote by Wisthekiller
I'll admit, it'd be great if I could work on this more but I'm usually too busy.

Schools out which means I have a full time job. You try working 8-5 in Florida heat as a general laborer (digging holes, painting, loading/unloading trucks, etc...) without getting tired. I am modding one of my guitars ('89 Kramer Striker) quite a bit and getting a new guitar (to mod immediately) though if you wanna keep check in the EG forum in about 2 weeks.

You have an '89 Striker too?!
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

Quote by Wisthekiller
]
By the way, new design: not all black. Chrome sides and chrome-middle thing that Firebirds have that's normally the neck because it's a neckthrough, but mine is bolt on. Going for an old black and chrome hotrod look.

I have always loved Gloss Black/Chrome Hardware. I will follow this thread closely, good sir.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by rocknroll93
YOU SUCK!

Why yes. Yes I do.

Quote by IronMaiden76
You have an '89 Striker too?!

The neck is the most amazing thing ever. When I got it, it had Seymour Duncan JBJ in the bridge, 2 shitty single coils. Changed JBJ with a DiMarzio Super Distortion, added in an EMG Afterburner, took out other pickups (going to add a Fast Track 1 in the neck, leave the middle empty). Of course there's coil split as well.

Quote by VanTheKraut
I have always loved Gloss Black/Chrome Hardware. I will follow this thread closely, good sir.

Not JUST the hardware will be chrome. The middle section (neck on a real Firebird, but only the part that goes through the body) will be chrome. The pickup rings and pickups will be black.