Canada, yet again proving why they are the first world nation's kid brother.

Page 1 of 4
so i went to the kwiki mart earlier to pick up some beer and slim jims. i wanted some of the 'really freaking hot' habenero flavored ones, but they were all out so i had to get the 'freaking hot' jalapeno flavored ones. this was a terrible inconvenience as i am a hard man and the habanero flavored ones arent that hot to me, much less the weaker jalapeno flavored ones. the clerk handed me my change which consisted of a Canadian quarter. yeah i know, just wait it gets worse. so as im walking out, i flip over the quarter and see this:

fucking serious Canada?

since when does a 4 year old's kitchen fridge doodle merit the minting of a coin? like really, what were you thinking? that person has goddamn wings and a terrible case of the bandy-legs. idk, i guess news travels slowly up there by mooseback, but let me fill you in that it is indeed possible to etch rather detailed images onto coins. like so:

Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
You're preaching to the choir, man.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by NoLaurelTree000

fucking serious Canada?

It looks like a horse is about to perform oral sex on a scarecrow while a large pizza levitates above said horse.

lulz, TS is a "hard man".
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Last edited by sjones at Dec 16, 2011,
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Says the American whining about coin pictures?

I am not exactly patriotic or supportive of capitalism, but come on. America has pretty awesome coins.

Just look at the level of detail on our least valuable denomination:

(Although our new penny sucks, shield nonsense)
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by palm mute
I am not exactly patriotic or supportive of capitalism, but come on. America has pretty awesome coins.

Just look at the level of detail on our least valuable denomination:
*hugecoin*
(Although our new penny sucks, shield nonsense)

Oh yeah

I have a collection of at least 30 different US coins. They're a lot more interesting than ours.
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
so i went to the kwiki mart earlier to pick up some beer and slim jims. i wanted some of the 'really freaking hot' habenero flavored ones, but they were all out so i had to get the 'freaking hot' jalapeno flavored ones. this was a terrible inconvenience as i am a hard man and the habanero flavored ones arent that hot to me, much less the weaker jalapeno flavored ones. the clerk handed me my change which consisted of a Canadian quarter. yeah i know, just wait it gets worse. so as im walking out, i flip over the quarter and see this:

fucking serious Canada?

since when does a 4 year old's kitchen fridge doodle merit the minting of a coin? like really, what were you thinking? that person has goddamn wings and a terrible case of the bandy-legs. idk, i guess news travels slowly up there by mooseback, but let me fill you in that it is indeed possible to etch rather detailed images onto coins. like so:

Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Bitch please, our coins are like Pokemon. Gotta get them all.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

sigh....alright I'll bite. First off, we do have coins from that same series that have a lot more detail in them than that. Secondly, that month's theme was "Etched in Stone" and the whole point of the '99 series was to look at our past. As you can imagine, you could not make a very intricate design in stone with primitive tools hence the horrible design that is on that quarter. It is ugly I agree, but that wasn't the point of that quarter.

Actually, a thing that has been happening somewhat recently is having some colour in the coins as well.

Anyways, yeah.
Quote by SAB-84
sigh....alright I'll bite. First off, we do have coins from that same series that have a lot more detail in them than that. Secondly, that month's theme was "Etched in Stone" and the whole point of the '99 series was to look at our past. As you can imagine, you could not make a very intricate design in stone with primitive tools hence the horrible design that is on that quarter. It is ugly I agree, but that wasn't the point of that quarter.

Actually, a thing that has been happening somewhat recently is having some colour in the coins as well.

Anyways, yeah.

That is even worse.

And you guys misspelled 'masculine.'
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by SAB-84

Anyways, yeah.

Thank you, covered what I was going to say and then some.

You Americans shouldn't be worried about how our money looks, just focus on that debt of yours that isn't coming down anytime soon...
Quote by sjones
It looks like a horse is about to perform oral sex on a scarecrow while a large pizza levitates above said horse.

I think America could learn a thing or two here.

If there's one thing our currency needs, it's horses fellating scarecrows... or anything, really. I've grown bored of seeing our president's sex faces.
Quote by Shawn1379

If there's one thing our currency needs, it's horses fellating scarecrows... or anything, really. I've grown bored of seeing our president's sex faces.

I'll give you a new deal
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by Shawn1379

This is true. I propose a whole line of nickels in recognition of our backwoods, incest animal banging citizens. Beatiality lovers are people too!

(I am also named Shawn!)
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Quote by sjones

(I am also named Shawn!)

Ah, I see your parents left out the "1379." I wish I had such luck.

(Seriously though, )

EDIT: ^ Palmmute -
Quote by SAB-84

dude, dont be blaming other people when your coin designers decided to try to etch coins by banging rocks on sharpened bones or some shit. we have high tech tools like diamond crusted etching bits now. saying 'they were made with primitive tools' really isnt any excuse for the artistic renderings of a toddler.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by ErikLensherr
That is even worse.

And you guys misspelled 'masculine.'

Not sure if serious

Hockey masculin in french.
Without a good harmonic knowledge, one cannot expect to become a great jazz soloist ~ Horace Silver

Quote by dietermoreno
Is it possible for 6 string guitar to tune lower than drop C and scales still work?
It's from the millennium collection from 1999-2000. That piece was called "Etched in Stone" and it was a depiction of early Native Canadian art work (and it looked just as crappy as the early Native Americans'). There are a bunch of other cool quarters in that collection too such as the following:

--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Man I like the coloured coins. Awesome!
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
This thread is funny on many different levels.
Well no it isn't. It's really only funny on one level.
Loonies.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by hawk5211
Yeah that was a special run. There were quite a few of them IIRC.

Mainly its because this country panders to its Native population far too much.
Agree completely. It's actually infuriating knowing that the Natives get a whole lot of tax breaks, job opportunities, special government programs, business deals and literally free money just because they're Native. Coming from Labrador, a place with about 40% Innu and Inuit population, I've got a pretty decent idea on how the Natives are treated here. And it's disappointing.
Quote by Pat_s1t
Agree completely. It's actually infuriating knowing that the Natives get a whole lot of tax breaks, job opportunities, special government programs, business deals and literally free money just because they're Native. Coming from Labrador, a place with about 40% Innu and Inuit population, I've got a pretty decent idea on how the Natives are treated here. And it's disappointing.

You guys can always pack your shit up and move back to France.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
You guys can always pack your shit up and move back to England.

Fixed.
I think. Newfoundland is one of the most forgotten provinces out there.
Quote by Extra Ordinary
Fixed.

Don't fix my sarcasm.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Mezhen
Ahahaha oh you silly ignorant fool, if you think Canada panders to native people, you haven`t really learned true Canadian history and the atrocities that Canada has committed.
We're talking modern day, not the shitty things we did 60+ years ago. Have you even lived near a Canadian Native reserve?
Quote by Extra Ordinary
Fixed.

Newfoundland is awesome.
Quote by Pat_s1t
Have you even lived near a Canadian Native reserve?

Those reserves should be gotten rid of, because a lot of them just seem to be a collection of crime, although contained within their community, still a large amount of crime.

Sorry, I should note I live in Alberta. I have no idea what other reserves are like except for the few that sit around Edmonton + Cold Lake
Quote by Pat_s1t
Newfoundland is awesome.

I guess so. I've only heard of it and the only things I've heard of is its cod fishing and extinction of the Beothuk. That cod fishing industry seems pretty cool (or whats left of it).
Page 1 of 4