anyone know why these things are impossible to find used anywhere?? they look like such cool guitars and i know they made them for a couple of years at least but seriously they are never around anywhere, are they really that rare? i feel like i'm missing something; i had never heard if they were just a small limited run or not.
If they're hard to find, that's usually a good sign - means people don't' want to sell theirs.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Yes, they really are quite rare. I don't think they were ever intended to be a limited edition. If my recollection of old catalogs is right, they were released with the LP GT as production models, but they just didn't sell very well - a bit too out there for most people in the market for a traditional Gibson product. They were cool, though. Good luck finding one. You'll probably have to put up WTB ads in a bunch of forums and search eBay for quite a while to come up with one.
my local guitar shop owner has his fingers in a great many pies in the business and has had me visiting him regulary for the last 6 months trying to find a phantom black les paul GT. in the last 12 months I have only seen 5 on ebay, only two in the right colour, the first one I ever seen in the UK when I had no money, and one in the states when I was in greece and couldn't do the necessary bank transfer out my savings account to my current bank account to buy it.

like has been said, if you can't find any for sale, its probably a good sign its a good guitar and worth waiting for one to show up.
Thats ones of the coolest SG's ive seen in a while. There is a guy in my town trying to sell a Gibson SG Z that seems interestesting.
Quote by Darkdevil725
Thats ones of the coolest SG's ive seen in a while. There is a guy in my town trying to sell a Gibson SG Z that seems interestesting.

Sg Z, huh? Seems it was available as a bass model too...

Not sure what to think of it. Looks kinds cool, but the pickguard looks odd!
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Quote by bluezombie
Sg Z, huh? Seems it was available as a bass model too...

Not sure what to think of it. Looks kinds cool, but the pickguard looks odd!

Yeah the pickguard just makes the thing look weird is a bad way but the HS pup config makes it look weird in a good way.