Alright so I'm very close to buying a new amp, and it's between the Mesa/Boogie F30 (EL84's) or F50 (6L6's). I like warm singing leads, like Andy Timmons and Trey Anastasio.

My guitar is quite bright- maple neck and body, with an SD Custom HB in the bridge.

Is it better to go for the more British or American sounding amp, considering all other things equal? The F30 has a midrange spike to cut. My Bogner is very American, but it sounds to shrill (I think its because of the tubes... different story). Wondering if the F50 is deeper.

Thanks!
Agile Intrepid 8
S-gear Scuffham Amps
The F50 is deeper, and less shrill, though I wouldn't call either of those amps particularly shrill. Either would be good, but for "warm singing leads" the F50 will probably serve better, especially if you want that liquid semi-clean lead sound.

I wouldn't call either one of them more British or American, by the way. The tubes being used don't always mean the amp is voiced one way or another. They're both decidedly American voiced amps.
Quote by Roc8995
The F50 is deeper, and less shrill, though I wouldn't call either of those amps particularly shrill. Either would be good, but for "warm singing leads" the F50 will probably serve better, especially if you want that liquid semi-clean lead sound.

I wouldn't call either one of them more British or American, by the way. The tubes being used don't always mean the amp is voiced one way or another. They're both decidedly American voiced amps.

Good point a lot has to do with the preamp. But thanks that's the answer I was looking for. NAD soon!
Agile Intrepid 8
S-gear Scuffham Amps