Page 1 of 3
^^ Title. Is it actually THAT difficult to play? As far as I can tell all Mr. Ri is doing to make it sound so hard is a shit ton of really cheap tapping licks and very fast speed picking power chords in a simple song structure.

EPIC MARCH 10 EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyhTmDNtgWs&feature=youtu.be HAHA I DID IT

FOR MY PIT BROTHERS!!!!

Now what?
Epiphone: Les paul Custom SB
Line Six Spider III 15
70$ wal-mart brand acoustic

Quote by black amendment
You're awesome, dude.
Last edited by tsoyguitar at Mar 10, 2012,
Go learn the solos then, if it sounds so easy.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Just put a rubber band over the green button.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44

Does this actually work? I still play GH3...
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
Does this actually work? I still play GH3...

Yeah, I've done it once.

/seriousresponsekinda
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Yes, it's ****ing difficult as shit. Especially the part right after the pac-man noise.
Check out my band Disturbed
If it was so simple to play, it wouldn't get made fun of so much for being stupid.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by tsoyguitar
^^ Title. Is it actually THAT difficult to play? As far as I can tell all Mr. Ri is doing to make it sound so hard is a shit ton of really cheap tapping licks and very fast speed picking power chords in a simple song structure.

Record yourself playing the song soon.

The longer it takes you to do this, the harder the song is.

So get to it. We'll have our answer once you get back.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
It's definitely an advanced song, but not the hardest I've ever heard. There's no super huge legato runs or string skipping tap arpeggios or anything, and you don't really have to be particularly clean in your playing when you're speed picking everything at 200bpm.
Sweeping 16th notes at 200 bpm is difficult. Doing so cleanly, in a live setting, without a string mute, is insanely impressive.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by Das_Skittles
Sweeping 16th notes at 200 bpm is difficult. Doing so cleanly, in a live setting, without a string mute, is insanely impressive.
But it is much harder to notice mistakes at that speed. Also, aren't most of the TTFAF sweeps only three or four strings?
It's the hardest song ever if you play it you will die don't do it i'm warning you i'm totally serious you'll die I've seen it I've attended that funeral it isn't pretty your family will wish you'd never tried your friends will sob it's bad don't try you'll die it's so hard oh my god I'm serious just don't oh my god
Quote by Pat_s1t
But it is much harder to notice mistakes at that speed. Also, aren't most of the TTFAF sweeps only three or four strings?

There really aren't any sweeps in the song tbh.
Quote by StewieSwan

I just looked at a GP for it, there's like one or 2 little 3 string sweeps, but there's a shitload of economy picking in the solos.
you're a stone fox
I am actually a Dragonforce fan, and I can tell you that the solo in the music video is not really as hard as it looks, I think that was just some random improv over the song. As for the regular rhythm, yes it is pretty simple (in terms of regular speed metal rhythms). The actual solos however are backbreaking.
Quote by JayT44

He actually does use a capo in the recording, but GH thought it would be cool to make you tap every single note as if it were some crazy Chris Broderick thing.
And don't learn TTFatF, learn Fury of the Storm. Much better song IMO.
Quote by StewieSwan

Yes there are. There are quite a few, actually.

But yeah, this song is ridiculous to play on a real guitar.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Quote by StewieSwan
Yes, it's ****ing difficult as shit. Especially the part right after the pac-man noise.

I tried to learn it at one point, I second this statement.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by KGB_INC
Yes there are. There are quite a few, actually.

But yeah, this song is ridiculous to play on a real guitar.

No, there aren't. There are 2 maybe 3 unidirectional sweeps licks and that's it.
Quote by Pat_s1t
There's a few really short ones IIRC, but yeah I'm pretty sure most of it is speed picking wank.

Yep, 90% of the song is just tremolo picking power chords or simple little filler licks. The rest is economy picking runs and whammy bar dives.
you're a stone fox
Quote by StewieSwan
No, there aren't. There are 2 maybe 3 unidirectional sweeps licks and that's it.

Oh, you know why? I'm not listening to TTFAF. I'm listening to Operation Ground and Pound.

/shame
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Quote by StewieSwan

There are like...What, 2 at the beginning and another one somewhere in Totmans solo?

Most of it is a shit ton of scale runs and tapping. Some little melodic phrases here and there.

Really when you get down to it, it's just a cheesy, technical, Trivium solo.

Still hard as shit to pull off clean.
Quote by Trowzaa
Go learn the solos then, if it sounds so easy.

Quote by Momentosis
Record yourself playing the song soon.

The longer it takes you to do this, the harder the song is.

So get to it. We'll have our answer once you get back.

Kk. Will put up a youtube video on my channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/072748023

(Check out my other videos if you want, judge for yourself whether or not I'll be able to play it.)
Line Six Spider III 15

Quote by black amendment
You're awesome, dude.
^all that aside, being able to play something is not the same as something being easy to play. Sure, people are able to play extremely difficult songs, b ut it doesn't make them easy.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
It not being that difficult wouldn't make it suck less.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by strat0blaster
^all that aside, being able to play something is not the same as something being easy to play. Sure, people are able to play extremely difficult songs, b ut it doesn't make them easy.

To me, that which is hard for one guitarist to play, is that which is easy for an entirely different guitarist to play and vice versa.

Basically playing something you are not use to is what I call hard and when you can play completely different techniques from one another, then you can play hard stuff because you are able to go out of most peoples comfort zone.
(Invalid img)
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by bradulator
It not being that difficult wouldn't make it suck less.

being well written would make it suck less

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by Saint78
Lulz, Spider III

That's right. Straight into an ESP MH-400 with no fancy pedals or any of that shit in between to make it easier..

Quote by Morphogenesis26

You've got guts that's for sure, but I don't think you'll find it to be an easy feat.

I'll do it.

Quote by zgr0826
(Invalid img)

I swear I will. Just give me some time to learn it and I'll be back.

Quote by triface
ITT: Shameless Youtube channel plug. You guys just got baited.

I swear I didn't mean this thread like that, the idea to cover ttfaf was in my head for a while now, I decided to do it a few posts back is all.

AND I WILL DO IT FOR YOU, MY PIT BROTHERS.
Line Six Spider III 15

Quote by black amendment
You're awesome, dude.
I'd be more interested to see you play Scarified. It's composed way better and is just, well, all around better in every way.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by tsoyguitar
I swear I didn't mean this thread like that, the idea to cover ttfaf was in my head for a while now, I decided to do it a few posts back is all.

AND I WILL DO IT FOR YOU, MY PIT BROTHERS.

You take me too seriously.
Even if I could, I'd never play it in fear that cheese will start dripping out of my guitar.
Page 1 of 3