I'm working on a project to combine trance elements with post-hardcore. I know it's been done before but I've never really heard bands with a LOT of electronic in them, or they just fail at the attempt. I usually make trance music, but hell, I love metal. So here's my attempt, hopefully you all enjoy it so far. There's no vocals so far, but theyre in the works. Let me know what you think, if you like or dislike, etc.

My recording setup is awful, just a direct connection to my line-in from my amp lol.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/461417
(Soundcloud is being stupid for me)

If you want c4c just let me know in the description and I'll crit ASAP!

-ZachPayne
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Any chick that can dance with a walrus to Michael Jackson songs is hot in my book.
I dig this man. I'm into the bands with the electronica in them, but having it be consistent like this is pretty cool.
My sig? Nice.
Thanks man.
Yea I'm really trying to break that border between electronica and metal.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Any chick that can dance with a walrus to Michael Jackson songs is hot in my book.
Pretty awesome sounding. The bass drum is a little too strong for me, I'd bring that down. Nice snare and cymbals though. The gain is a little too high for me, I would of made it chunkier to give it that impact. Really cool lead part. I really like this song:p Good job man!
Good job i agree with rockfan, a little less volume in percussion!.. i am not much into the core or electronica thing.. but i liked the way the sound walks ... its so progressive! maybe a different type of distortion will do a better job its distortion is a little fuzzy and noisya little harsh but the song is great!!!! the minute 4 part its a strong change i think ( its just a matter of personal taste) those techno beats from that interlude seem so forced,, i think the song doesnt need them, but like i said before i am not much into the core or electronica thing but sometimes the ideas must me simple.
Last edited by richjguitar at Dec 19, 2011,