Hello pit, I would like to ask you something, I just read Buckethead has a 10 fret finger span and being the ignorant as to guitar that I am i have no idea how to measure it, if i start from the 12th fret i have like a 9 fret span and on the 1st fret i have a 7 or so span, so i was just wondering what the fret span is and what's your span and such.

Maybe some techniques on how to increase it? will it ever be possible for me to get a 10 finger span? i heard it's like having double D's on guitar playing.
My Gear:
Oh wait, no one cares

"Buckethead is probably twice as good a guitar player as me and Slash combined" - Dave Mustaine
Ah, finger stretching, a guitarist's dick measuring contest.

I can reach 6 without strain, 7 with strain, and I can't really reach 8.
TS, buy a dildo, put between your fingers length-wise.
you're a stone fox
i think you measure it from the 1st fret with the index to the last fret you can fret with your pinky

also, you dont really need to increase it. just take the marty friedman approach to guitar playing and condense everything to small areas
Last edited by ironman1478 at Dec 17, 2011,
Finger span really doesn't matter as much as people think. Look at all these female virtuoso classical guitarists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra_xPVmADcI
Quote by The Madcap
Finger span really doesn't matter as much as people think. Look at all these female virtuoso classical guitarists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra_xPVmADcI

well, she is hot.
My Gear:
Oh wait, no one cares

"Buckethead is probably twice as good a guitar player as me and Slash combined" - Dave Mustaine
Quote by ironman1478
i think you measure it from the 1st fret with the index to the last fret you can fret with your pinky

also, you dont really need to increase it. just take the marty friedman approach to guitar playing and condense everything to small areas

Simultaneously the best response and the end of the thread.

It's all about efficiency.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Dec 17, 2011,
Quote by strat0blaster
Simultaneously the best response and the end of the thread.

My thoughts exactly. But it's the pit, let's have some fun; and what a better way to have fun than with female guitarists.
My Gear:
Oh wait, no one cares

Oh no, I'm good with female guitarists. 100% good. Let's get on to that, actually. Go!
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I'd forgotten that females play guitar too. This is amazing.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Frankly, I don't see why fingerspan matters. Now, if you can efficiently use your like 20 fret finger span, cool. Very few guitarists can.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Frankly, I don't see why fingerspan matters. Now, if you can efficiently use your like 20 fret finger span, cool. Very few guitarists can.

Yeah, you could play faster with short fingers.
you're a stone fox
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Shawn Lane and Buckethead can, so if I ever get to play like any of those it would be like a dream come true. So in this case I guess finger span matters.
As bad as this licks sound, this is an example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f2Jq10j1ms&feature=related

Also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=F8WKElxPfaI
My Gear:
Oh wait, no one cares

Last edited by KewlBeans at Dec 17, 2011,
Quote by KewlBeans
Hello pit, I would like to ask you something, I just read Buckethead has a 10 fret finger span and being the ignorant as to guitar that I am i have no idea how to measure it, if i start from the 12th fret i have like a 9 fret span and on the 1st fret i have a 7 or so span, so i was just wondering what the fret span is and what's your span and such.

Maybe some techniques on how to increase it? will it ever be possible for me to get a 10 finger span? i heard it's like having double D's on guitar playing.

How can you have a 7 fret stretch from the 1st, but only 9 from the 12th?..

From the 1st fret I can reach the 5th only (6 with a lot of strain) and from the 12th I can reach the 21st (23rd with, again, a lot of strain).
Quote by DarkTom666
How can you have a 7 fret stretch from the 1st, but only 9 from the 12th?..

From the 1st fret I can reach the 5th only (6 with a lot of strain) and from the 12th I can reach the 21st (23rd with, again, a lot of strain).

Not sure, I just do. From the first I can reach the 7th with a lot of strain the and from 12th i get to 21st and with a lot of strain, practically lifting the guitar a bit i can get to 23th.
My Gear:
Oh wait, no one cares

Quote by KewlBeans
well, she is hot.

thats all you need to get a couple million views and comments on youtube, right?
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]