I've been playing guitar for 2 years and 9 days and have been practicing at least 2 hours a day on weekdays and about 6-8 hours a day on the weekends. I've been advancing bit by bit in music theory and trying to become more like my guitar hero's (most recently Yngwie and Govan). So every day for the last 6 months or so I've been practicing the Flight of the Bumblebee as a warm up song. It's good because it has a lot of notes and is relatively easy to remember.

Well the other day I was warming up and my mom said "Wow, you're getting pretty fast". So on a whim i timed myself and found i could play it in a minute. I did some research and found this kid. Seeing the record was in my grasp I spent a few days on break from music theory and the other song I am currently working on (Through the Fire and the Flames) to see if I could speed my playing up a bit and beat this record. To be clear, I know that this has little to no musical value and doesn't make me a great guitarist (I'm not) I know it's just to be cool but it's something I wanted to do.

this is what I got after 4 days hard work.

Does anybody have any thoughts, opinions or advice for me?

Also, can anybody tell me who is the worlds fastest guitarist under the age of 18?

Thanks
BluesMetal
Last edited by Bluesmetalguy at Dec 17, 2011,
you dont practice with a metronome?

edit: try to get more in sync with the metronome
Last edited by Ih5g at Dec 17, 2011,
sounds like shit.
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
That was fast but you really need to work on tone, it sounded like fuzz for a lot of it.

Congrats on being able to play like that though, takes commitment, although you need to understand the theory behind it if you're actually going to become a proper musician.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
It's not about how fast you can play, it's about how nice you are to listen to. In my opinion, shitting out some notes at 500bpm isn't nice to listen to. Impressive though.
Quote by BigSmokeDawg
It's not about how fast you can play, it's about how nice you are to listen to. In my opinion, shitting out some notes at 500bpm isn't nice to listen to. Impressive though.

Yeah this. It's needs some cleaning up.
Quote by plakkert
What kind of amp were you playing through, a Potato?

This really made me laugh for some reason
I just checked it out, seriously, it sounds like absolute shit.

I only heard SOME parts that are actually in that song. The rest sounds like random sloppy notes.

Edit:

I don't find it even slightly impressive.
Last edited by Zeletros at Dec 17, 2011,
"Concentrate on playing the notes well, rather than worrying about how many of them you can cram into one second." - Guthrie Govan
Dude, I don't wanna sound harsh nor anything... but... I can play faster than you =X.
I'm 17 and have been playing for 4 years, everyday 2 hours minimum at "normal days" and 3-5 hours at weekends + 3:30 hours gigs or 3-5 hours rehersals.

Hmmm... let's say that I can beat you in speed AND in Sight reading AND in technique.

DON'T Wanna play fast, PLEASE! 2 Summers ago I beated my sextuplets record and let's say I spent all night beating it...

Just enjoy your playing, don't lose your soul
Quote by M. Airez
Dude, I don't wanna sound harsh nor anything... but... I can play faster than you =X.
I'm 17 and have been playing for 4 years, everyday 2 hours minimum at "normal days" and 3-5 hours at weekends + 3:30 hours gigs or 3-5 hours rehersals.

Hmmm... let's say that I can beat you in speed AND in Sight reading AND in technique.

DON'T Wanna play fast, PLEASE! 2 Summers ago I beated my sextuplets record and let's say I spent all night beating it...

Quote by BigSmokeDawg

I 100% realize this
the majority of the time i play much nicer less annoying things (right now I'm working on learning Govan's Waves, dear god there are a lot of notes in that thing)

I probably will make a new post of the video featuring a clean version of the song

I know that my amp sucks balls, I spent all my money on a multieffects because most of the venues I play already have sound systems. My next big guitar purchase though will probably be a nicer amp.

I fully understand the chromatics and stuff that composes the theory of the song and i AGREE that this song is UGLY and ANNOYING but it's a good warm up song and I can play it faster than the vast majority of people

thank you
blues metal
Quote by M. Airez

can you offer a link to a video?
Quote by whoomit

As for TS, try playing it without distortion, and most importantly, in tempo. Don't try to play any faster until you can play it perfectly cleanly. What use would that be?
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
You've been practicing 28 hours a week for 2 years, practicing what sounds as if it could have been done in 5 minutes using an electric cake mixer. Hell, it would probably sounded better that way!

Screw this. Reported.
That 15 y/o kid sounds horrible to me.

Seriously.

Speed is not everything, it can be helpful, it IS helpful, but not at this rate though with that kind of sh*t quality-quantity ratio.
Last edited by AmirT at Dec 17, 2011,
I don't send videos to youtube, I'd rather let 15 year old wannabe musicians do it

Now seriously, I think i'l be able to make that UG Christmas competition, then I show you the video

BTW, If you "wanna" compete, join me at stage, like a REAL MAN xP Oh, you were out of tempo, don't take this as something to make me look superior or anything, but you should consider playing with a metronome, and playing SLOWER to improve your technique, both of your hands were: meh...
Quote by Lespauljames
why are you picking with your thumb....!? also yes I agree very sloppy some things near the ends sounded like you were playing a note before your fingers had got there.

the end is the bit i need to work on most

but honestly i'm pretty much done with this
Ima record a clean version and then be pretty much done with stupidly fast shredding
Quote by Bluesmetalguy
...but it's a good warm up song and I can play it faster than the vast majority of people...

That is the part where you will go wrong every time. DON'T try to be faster than other people.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fk2prKnYnI

Try and do that. There isn't many notes and it isn't complex, but re-creating his sound and feel is near impossible if you don't practice it.

Practicing flight of the bumblebee gives you a lack of feel, rhythmically and in your playing ability, and to be quiet honest throws off your timing more than playing slowly.

P.S, being competitive with other musicians just turns things sour. You can learn off of other people you play with, you aren't shred god at 15. And all the comments above prove it really
lol.
That sucked
btw bl00zak pussys go away.
Let the kid shred.
Maybe he'll grow a mullet like michael angelo except he wont be half as accurate ever..
Don't call yourself "the fastest 15 year old guitarist in the world" I hate people who do that. Your tone is terrible, it sounds like you skip notes, and I dont even feel like I was listening to a song. Plus, Flight of the Bumblebees is easy after you practice it a bit. Try playing a Ywngwie Malmsteen or Michael Angelo Batio song at their speeds, and then I'll be impressed with you.
oh and....

um...

accuracy > speed

and always will be forever and ever...if you are missing notes you are going to fast....and although i do not have the best ears...there were a few notes missed in that clip....
I haz gotten gud
This thread is why I hate a lot of teenaged guitarists. "I've been playing for 2 years 3 months 4 and a half days and all I wanna do is show everyone how much of a prodigy I am. I practice everyday for five hours and I basically play all day on weekends" Guitar's not a sport and flight of the bumblebee sucks.
Gear:

Fender Strat
PRS SE Custom 24
Agile AL-3100

Jet City JCA50H
Randall 2x12 wV30s
Quote by ApatheticMe

accuracy > speed

I'm not sure if you're trying to say that accuracy is greater than speed or that accuracy leads to speed. Either way you're right.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by Freepower
To be honest that was terrible. Anyone who's been playing a bit can bluff fast stuff like that.

You don't even have good basic left or right hand technique - and you expect to be one of the fastest guitarists in the world?

This guy is one of the most technically accomplished u18s I can think of - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhQpTtociVE

the link.........

....... holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!