Hey guys, I know there's a billion threads on dist pedals already out there, but most of the stuff I'm finding is either A) low budget oriented or B) old, as in not reflective of the most recent options out there, so I figured I'd make a thread.

I'm looking for a very well made dist pedal for the de-tuned brootz rhythm; I normally record/gig other stuff besides metal, I just play it for fun, and I've got a great $1,000 head I use for everything else, so I'm comfortable with getting my brootz from a pedal as apposed to buying an amp since it's not really my "main" genre. As such, I don't really need an amp for it, I'd rather just drop $200-$350 and essentially add a third channel to the amp I've already got.

Reason I bothered with a thread is that most of the boutique gear out there can't be found searching big retail sites, it's mostly known of via word of mouth and whatnot.

So, what do you guys know of in the upper end of the dist pedal world? I'm thinking of stuff along the lines of the Wampler Triple Wreck, Z-Vex Box of Metal, Body Rot III, etc. What else is out there?
Wampler Triple Wreck is great, but I guess you know that.
Last edited by mcamp1230 at Dec 17, 2011,
Quote by FallOhHeaven
Maybe get a Tube Screamer and boost this b*tch?

Got that covered, but it's an Egnater Renegade and the over-all character of the circuit is just a bit too warm/sweet for the brootz, even boosted. I absolutely love the amp, and it can definitely do passable metal stuff with an OD, but I'm looking for a totally different character out of my metal rhythm tone, if you take my meaning.

Quote by bogg808
Okko dominator
Goosoniqueworx seventhheaven
Wheebo morbid drive

All interesting, but I can't find anywhere to buy the Goosonquieworx? It's mostly just reviews and blogs that come up when I google it. Have you actually heard any of these pedals in "real life"?

Quote by conor-figgy
Blakstar do valve pedals, check them out.

I've played all the Blackstar HT amps, and thought they sounded good, but there's nothing inspiring about their tone, at least not to my ears. So I'm thinking if I'm not impressed by the amps the pedals won't do much for me.
Last edited by lumberjack at Dec 17, 2011,
Quote by lumberjack
Got that covered, but it's an Egnater Renegade and the over-all character of the circuit is just a bit too warm/sweet for the brootz, even boosted. I absolutely love the amp, and it can definitely do passable metal stuff with an OD, but I'm looking for a totally different character out of my metal rhythm tone, if you take my meaning.

All interesting, but I can't find anywhere to buy the Goosonquieworx? It's mostly just reviews and blogs that come up when I google it. Have you actually heard any of these pedals in "real life"?

I've played all the Blackstar HT amps, and thought they sounded good, but there's nothing inspiring about their tone, at least not to my ears. So I'm thinking if I'm not impressed by the amps the pedals won't do much for me.

the renegade can do pretty well on the high gain, i would throw an EQ in the loop that changes it quite a bit if you know what you are doing. i owned a renegade for a while. even if it doesn't do it for you, everybody will eventually need an EQ at some point.

most of the high gain botique pedals are quite expensive, the more realistic sounding the more $$$. some of the pedal mention sell at the $300 range new, snd some there is a wait.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by lumberjack

Yeah I've played them all but still think the dominator Is the best, dont be afraid to email the guys or to order direct
2 best ones I know: G2D Morpheus and Boogie V twin.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Amptweaker Tight Metal.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣