Im ordering a new guitar today and I am getting pickups installed and stuff.

The guitar I am getting is an Ibanez XP300FX with D Activator Pickups.
I want to tune the guitar 3 steps down and I need to know what gauge of strings to get to tune that low...

I usually get D'addario 11-52 but I don't know if those strings will be able to handle being tuned down 3 steps. Also I am not keeping the guitar tuned that low, so the strings have to be able to handle being tuned back up without breaking...

So, will 11-52 be okay for 3 steps down or do I need a heavier gauge?(if so, what gauge and will that gauge even fit in the guitar?)
when you tune the guitar back up what tuning is it going to be in?
i use power slinkys and they seem to work pretty good for both.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Heavy gauge strings will be best. Especially for tuning low. I also use power slinky and they seem pretty reliable. Not Even Slinkys are also another good option.
Just be careful not to change gauges of strings too often because it can cause the neck to bend and you will have to adjust the thrust rod.
Do you mean 3 half steps? From Standard or Drop D? I have a guitar that I keep in Drop B (3 half-steps down from Drop D) and I use DR DDT 12-60 gauge strings. If you're only dropping down that far from standard, then the set you have is probably okay, but if your 6th string is going to be down 3 half steps from drop D then I would reccomend a heavier gauge set of strings. If 12-60s dont fit in your nut then you can have a guitar repairman file them to make them wider, but make sure you dont put bigger strings on your guitar if you dont do that first because it can break the nut.
Quote by daylightdies370
no, I mean 3 full steps from standard...so B standard (B E A D Gb B)

Why in the world would you tune that low??!!

And I thought drop c was ridiculous
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Shit thats nothing. Some people go to A.

I have 1 in drop B two in drop C, one in half step down and the last in standard.

11's or 12's for sure for B. Problem is with 12's going back to standard. They will be mighty tight.
Quote by R45VT
Shit thats nothing. Some people go to A.

I have 1 in drop B two in drop C, one in half step down and the last in standard.

I have one in drop d and two in standard, one of which I occasionally use for e flat.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by daylightdies370
no, I mean 3 full steps from standard...so B standard (B E A D Gb B)

if you are serious, i highly recommend getting another guitar for a tuning that low.

i dont think that any any strings will do okay at B std and E std.

if you go back and forth often you are going to be doing some form of damage to the guitar moving between those tunings.

three semitones (C#) would work, but three steps no.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/