Looking for a lower gain overdrive to replace my Route 66. The compressor on it is alright, but I'm tired of the overdrive. My Fulldrive 2 MOSFET does tubescreamer sounds better than the Route 66 when I want those sort of tones, plus it has the option for mosfet clipping and you can take the midhump out when desired. Since I prefer a more crunchy and singing tone dialed in on the Fulldrive 2, I tried using the Route 66 with the drive all the way off for light breakup tones. It's a no go. There is the annoying artifact in the tone that makes it overly thick and ruins the shimmer on the notes and the midhump makes it honky. I'm looking for a low gain overdrive with a more flat voicing that can sound thick enough but still have a nice shimmer on the notes.

I'm narrowing it down to a few

Cmatmods Butah
Barber LTD SR
Timmy (long wait, but perhaps worth it...?)
Visual Sound Open Road (sounds nice with drive rolled off a lot)
JHS Morning Glory

Problem is that I can only hear demos of them, so it's hard to really narrow it down. The JHS is the absolute top of my budget and I don't care if it's new or used. My gear is in my sig.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
I keep hearing talk of it being relatively harsh in comparison to the real thing though.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
^ get the dano and get on the waiting list for the real thing?

i haven't tried the real thing, but the dano is a nice pedal
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
A good clean boost works wonders in conjunction as a mid heavy overdrive... as does a treble booster. Kicking in a compressor for leads is also very effective. You have more options than just another drive pedal.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by sg4ever
I keep hearing talk of it being relatively harsh in comparison to the real thing though.

Cheaper components could account for that. If it really is a clone of the Timmy circuit it wouldn't be too hard to upgrade the components to better stuff - unless they are using SMT in it. Sounds like it would be worth a look.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^ yeah the danos are smd

i'd also say it's probably a bit noisier than teh real thing, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?