I have always been curious since I am getting a Jackson SLSMG. What exactly is the difference because they look almost exactly the same.
The Soloist is made just for that Solos. It has better upper fret acess, but I'm not exactly sure of the specifics of the rest.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Soloists have through necks while Dinkys are all bolt ons, also a Dinky body is 7/8 the size of a Soloist. There may be more differences but those are the two I'm aware of.
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
The soloist is neck-through, American made, and has an original Floyd Rose on it.

The Dinky's are bolt-on necks, are foreign made (I think) and come with licensed Floyds.

From what I've been told, the Dinky is supposed to be built to the exact specs of a soloist, but for a cheaper price. Kinda like the Les Paul Studios opposed to the Standards. Could be wrong though
Quote by Tracii Lee
The soloist is neck-through, American made, and has an original Floyd Rose on it.

The Dinky's are bolt-on necks, are foreign made (I think) and come with licensed Floyds.

From what I've been told, the Dinky is supposed to be built to the exact specs of a soloist, but for a cheaper price. Kinda like the Les Paul Studios opposed to the Standards. Could be wrong though

Not all soloists are USA made, and there are USA made Dinkys, too.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by The^Unforgiven
Not all soloists are USA made, and there are USA made Dinkys, too.

They make foreign Soloists now? Is that a post-Fender thing?

EDIT: Also, I wasn't sure about Dinky's being foreign made, so I looked it up. The only USA made Dinky is the Dinky DK1, which costs about as much as a Soloist does. Every other Dinky currently made is foreign
Last edited by Tracii Lee at Dec 17, 2011,
Quote by Tracii Lee
They make foreign Soloists now? Is that a post-Fender thing?

First I've heard of it. Pretty much definitely a post fender thing....damn shame.
The SLSMG, SL3MG, SLX, SLXQ,SLSXMG, SLXT, SLAT3-6, and SLAT3-7 are made in Asia IIRC.

Anything above the Pro series is American made.
Last edited by dark Mass at Dec 17, 2011,
Quote by WarriorArtist94
Soloists have through necks while Dinkys are all bolt ons, also a Dinky body is 7/8 the size of a Soloist. There may be more differences but those are the two I'm aware of.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?