Sorry for such the broad title, but I do not know what Im looking for is actually called lol
I am currently using reaper. I want to make a track slowly drop in tone. "Crash" if you will. kinda like a bend, but getting lower, rather than higher. The kinda thing some people put at the end of a song. or right before a breakdown.

Heres a local band that has it.

Example: https://www.facebook.com/pages/On-Hope-Alone/133314883419920?sk=app_178091127385

Listen to the intro called "And then theres atrocity" and listen to the end. What do I to go about producing that? Is it a vst?

thanks ahead of time for all the help.
You can do that by automating the pitch shift with ReaPitch. Put Reapitch on whatever track/group/buss you want to shift and then click the Env button on that track to bring up the envelope and automation window and then under ReaPitch check off the pitch box and it will create a new automation line under the track. Shift click to add a new point on the timeline where you want the drop to start and another where you want it to end then just readjust the second point and experiment with different shifts to see what sounds best.
Let's party.
Quote by Odirunn
You can do that by automating the pitch shift with ReaPitch. Put Reapitch on whatever track/group/buss you want to shift and then click the Env button on that track to bring up the envelope and automation window and then under ReaPitch check off the pitch box and it will create a new automation line under the track. Shift click to add a new point on the timeline where you want the drop to start and another where you want it to end then just readjust the second point and experiment with different shifts to see what sounds best.

*Enters thread to find his exact response already posted*
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

or, instead of pitch shifting, just slow the play rate. on the master track, add an envelope for play rate and set a point where you want the fade to start. add another point at the end, and adjust the angle/ammount of decrease. works more for the end of a song type of thing where everything will slow down to shift in pitch. it can sound really awkward if done in the wrong type of situation.
Quote by Odirunn

I've done this on individual tracks, but not on the whole mix before. So to do that I would view the Master track and just run Reapitch on it and edit the envelope?
Quote by ronhoward
I've done this on individual tracks, but not on the whole mix before. So to do that I would view the Master track and just run Reapitch on it and edit the envelope?

Yep. But if you're going for the slow and pitch down effect, do as Jof said and automate the playback rate instead.
Let's party.
In protools its called varify. never done it in Reaper as i dont have it :/
AMP:
Rocktron chameleon 2000
Roland GP16
Audio Technica wireless
Peavey valveking
Clydesdale custom case
GUITAR:
Indie super T black (modded with active and passive pickups)
Daisy Rock Rock Candy Special