CBS style headstock and vintage tuners. Off to a good start already.

I never really liked rosewood necks on stratocasters or telecasters to be honest, but this one feels right to me, it's nice and fast. But I'm sure you all want to see the guitar now.......

Yep, it's a TD Strat. I bet some people are already clicking away haha.

Some people just really don't like this guitar for some reason, I'm not sure why honestly. For awhile now I've been looking for a hardtail strat with at least one humbucker. Well one day I went into my local music shop to get my les paul set up and lo and behold this guitar was right in the front being displayed. The color is what stood out to me first and so I gravitated towards it immediately. The price also was a steal, at only 300 bucks. So I bought it. Fun little fact about this guitar was it's prior owner was one of the guitarist from Pop-punk band Farewell. They were semi famous and went on warped tour, as a matter of fact this guitar is on youtube being played by him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxuMG-6AhGE&feature=related
So how does it play? Excellent, I was really impressed with my purchase.The main complaint of people seem to have about this guitar is the action and the pickup. Buying this guitar used I think may have solved the action complaints as it was well setup when I purchased it. The Invader, despite what people claim is a pretty decent pickup. I don't think it was meant to be played with the volume on the guitar at full. It's surprisingly dynamic and compliments my AC15 nicely. So all and all I think I'll keep this guitar for a while, and if I decide it's not for me down the road, I'll surely get more then I payed for it.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
That is one outstanding guitar! I dig everything: the finish, pickup, hardware, all that, happy NGD!
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Vox Night Train 15W
An ever-morphing BOSS and MXR loaded pedalboard

"I eats more chicken any man ever seen!"
-Howlin' Wolf
ive heard good things about these strats. ive only ever seen TD models in seafoam green and i dont like that finish, but this looks pretty good in yellow. and that price isnt bad!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by SYLrules88
ive heard good things about these strats. ive only ever seen TD models in seafoam green and i dont like that finish, but this looks pretty good in yellow. and that price isnt bad!

Yeah definitely a steal, they usually go for like 500 on ebay. The yellow stands out nicely as well.
Quote by Tom 1.0
Looks legit.

Kinda reminds you of the Charvel you got as a mistake eh?
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
That looks quite attractive and unique. And what a steal price, man....
Awh, as I was scrolling I saw yellow, saw the CBS headstock, but then there's the roswood fretboard and one humbucker.

Would look so much better with a maple fretboard and more pickups!

But still, I'm sure it's cool to play, never been a fan of Tom Delonge really, but I hear those guitars are alright, plus it's bright yellow! One of the best finishes!
It's pretty ugly. I'm sure it sounds like shit, too. Who buys a strat without at least one single coil pickup?

I like the yellow finish but it clashes terribly with the rosewood and the pearloid scratchplate. Looks like it has no redeeming features. I'm am happy that it is yours and not mine. HNGD.
Quote by Butt Rayge
It's pretty ugly. I'm sure it sounds like shit, too. Who buys a strat without at least one single coil pickup?

I like the yellow finish but it clashes terribly with the rosewood and the pearloid scratchplate. Looks like it has no redeeming features. I'm am happy that it is yours and not mine. HNGD.

All this. I hate guitars with one pickup. Looks really weird.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
perhaps it wasn't a good idea to post this NGD thread, pop punk and anything associated with it always provokes a good amount of douchey responses around here (not mentioning any names, you know who you are)

just enjoy your guitar and don't worry about a few irrelevant people's worthless opinions - one man's trash is another man's treasure etc... besides, they are just jealous that their guitar doesn't stand out as much as yours anyway
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
looks good to me, caught my eye because its a hardtail, I dont like trems.

Is there room in the to add a neck and bridge pup ? Just seems a waste not having the options.
Meh...
People complaining about the action on it obviously don't know what they're on about, it's not hard to do a set up on a guitar. In some extreme cases you might need a neck shim to lower the action but I can't see this guitar needing one.

HNGD man. I've always liked the TD Strats, these are MIM yeah? Wicked price too!
Quote by Blompcube
perhaps it wasn't a good idea to post this NGD thread, pop punk and anything associated with it always provokes a good amount of douchey responses around here (not mentioning any names, you know who you are)

just enjoy your guitar and don't worry about a few irrelevant people's worthless opinions - one man's trash is another man's treasure etc... besides, they are just jealous that their guitar doesn't stand out as much as yours anyway

Perhaps you are right about that It's no big deal though I plan on adding two single coils to it eventually. It's okay for people to have different opinions about guitar, or else we would all just play the same thing.

Quote by 14houghton91
looks good to me, caught my eye because its a hardtail, I dont like trems.

Is there room in the to add a neck and bridge pup ? Just seems a waste not having the options.

Yep. The reason I bought it was because it was a hardtail and I could add other pickups to it later if I wanted.
Quote by barden1069
Last edited by RealGuitarHero at Dec 18, 2011,
Looks cool.

HNGD!

The humbucker looks kinda funky, what is it?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
I can't stand Blink 182 but that guitar is so beautiful. I love the headstock, the pickguard and the color. If I saw it for $300 I'm almost certain I would've bought it.
it's erm.... quite a little ugly...

but HNGD to you sir!
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Butt Rayge

For a bit, I had a 3 full-size humbucker strat.
Quote by JesusCrisp
Looks cool.

HNGD!

The humbucker looks kinda funky, what is it?

It's a seymour duncan invader. It's a high output pickup so it takes a little tweaking to find it's sweet spot.
Quote by barden1069
HNGD! Screw the haters, she's a gorgeous guitar :-)
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Quote by Blompcube

yeah, I don't know what's bad about pop-punk? I mean, yeah, there's shitty pop-punk, but at the same time, there's really good pop punk. The Wonder Years, Man Overboard, Veara, and Set Your Goals to name a few.

anyways, enjoy that guitar, I personally am a tad jealous. play Blink songs with the volume on 11 for everyone to be pissed at you, but at the same time, be happy!
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
yeah, I don't know what's bad about pop-punk? I mean, yeah, there's shitty pop-punk, but at the same time, there's really good pop punk. The Wonder Years, Man Overboard, Veara, and Set Your Goals to name a few.

anyways, enjoy that guitar, I personally am a tad jealous. play Blink songs with the volume on 11 for everyone to be pissed at you, but at the same time, be happy!

I think it's something to do with people thinking that only inferior musicians play more simplistic forms of music - which of course, is absolute nonsense.

i don't like pop punk but i can understand why some people do like it, what i don't understand is why it is so hard for some people to put their own opinions aside for one second and just respect other people's tastes.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
very unique and cool guitar. Congrats!
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.