am tryng to get a rock fusion tone on my amp , mygear isnt the best atm most of my effects /tone come from my amp alone along with my pickups

Vox vt+20 with my ibanez rg321mh Air norton(neck) / steve's special pickups(bridge)
"its not the destination.... so much as the journey" one once said
Last edited by Marqway at Jan 16, 2012,
Well try and fiddle with the treble control until the tone is smooth, plenty of bass, not too much mids, and as much gain as you want.
from what i know about fusion, you want to make it really really warm and smooth, not so much focus on the treble (neck pickup too). if you're playing lead, turn the volume up on the amp too loud, then pick dynamically quieter/louder to get a more articulated sound.
call me ziggy.
1. Plug in the amp.
2. Plug in the guitar.
3. Turn the amp on.
4. Play something.
5. Fiddle with the knobs to change the sound.

Repeat steps 4 and 5 as often as necessary until you get a sound you like.
play with whatever tone you want. there is no "fusion tone". sure lots of fusion players go for a smooth, fat almost synth like sound (and sometimes it IS syth), but it doesnt need to be. eric johnson when playing with the electromagnets used a bluesy, bright, cream era clapton type tone and using a fresh fuzz pedal to add more gain and sustain to his solos.

do you have a certain tone in mind? a certain player in mind?
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
do you have a certain tone in mind? a certain player in mind?

am really taking a liking to two these two individuals

(guthrie Govan)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yPEewaalik

and this asian kid on youtube (very talented for his age)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KN3VET4Rxg&list=UUIAPqAgMZxp8oP3FyoIlVvQ&index=6&feature=plcp
uppin
get a tube amp with good cleans and saturation, maybe some reverb/delay

after that it's all in your fingers
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Attention to detail, compression, a Shur Shiba, Guitar tonewoods, Amps. There's a reason certain amps cost more than others. People pay for that level of tone.

You aren't gonna get your car to drive like a Ferrari, if it's not made to be one.

I happen to have the same combination of pickups that Guthrie has, because I paid a lot of money for the Suhr (which is what he plays) and those pickups, and all the other guitars that I own do not sound like that.

If you want that tone, you're out of luck unless you're willing to pay.

Best,

Sean
Quote by Sean0913
Attention to detail, compression, a Shur Shiba, Guitar tonewoods, Amps. There's a reason certain amps cost more than others. People pay for that level of tone.

You aren't gonna get your car to drive like a Ferrari, if it's not made to be one.

I happen to have the same combination of pickups that Guthrie has, because I paid a lot of money for the Suhr (which is what he plays) and those pickups, and all the other guitars that I own do not sound like that.

If you want that tone, you're out of luck unless you're willing to pay.

Best,

Sean

got it
Quote by :-D
Sean: How does the Suhr play? I'd like to own one, it's on my "guitars to buy before I die list"...bit of a ways off though.

buy before I die list lol
suhr's aren't too ridiculous when you get into the custom shop/luthier level.

it's kind of a preference thing, though; i honestly just can't feel as comfortable on a suhr as my friend's horus. you have so many options in the 2-4k range that you should do a lot of research before investing into something that might not be the best fit for you.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.