Does it really matter what age you are to work in a guitar shop? Is it all about your knowledge of guitars,parts,accessories etc. Im 14, If I knew enough about all these things would I be able work in a shop?
Gear

Ibanez RGD320
BC Rich Bich
JimDeacon SG
Fender Mustang II
Quote by Mazzakazza
You need to be at least 25 to work in a musical instrument shop. Sorry buddy.

Says who? There's a job at my local GC that you only have to be the minimum working age to do, which is like 15 and a half or something.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Mazzakazza
That'll just be an after-hours cleaning job man. They do that from time to time, I saw the same thing when I was younger.

Nope, it was working in the warehouse, but your location is in the UK, so it's probably different there.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Mazzakazza
You need to be at least 25 to work in a musical instrument shop. Sorry buddy.

pretty sure thats not even slightly true....
I'm bad at Life
Quote by Lee Makky
Does it really matter what age you are to work in a guitar shop? Is it all about your knowledge of guitars,parts,accessories etc. Im 14, If I knew enough about all these things would I be able work in a shop?

They couldnt possible hire you, too young, unless a simple job for some change, cleaning,tidying,unpacking maybe tuning,restringing.
Quote by Saint78
Says who? There's a job at my local GC that you only have to be the minimum working age to do, which is like 15 and a half or something.

Quote by Archieisted

pretty sure thats not even slightly true....

Has everyone's sarcasm detector's broken today or something?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I don't know. I know a friend tha got a job as a clerk, tuning instruments and stuff, at 17, but I'm not sure about as young as 14.

Probably not, though, cause I would be ALL over it.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Quote by Trowzaa

I'm pretty sure sarcasm detectors don't exist buddy. Nice try
Quote by Trowzaa

that was quite possibly the worst sarcasm i have ever seen
I'm bad at Life
Doubt it. (UK here):

Regulations are pretty strict on child labour. Employers are forced to pay you a fairly large amount, give you short shifts with lots fo breaks and all the perks. For the same amount of money they spend on a young employee, they could hire someone with more experiance to work more hours per week (lol rnt u at scool) more efficiently.

Equally, the shop owners probably wouldnt trust you with expensive stufffff. And could you lift a massive amp?

Also, I for one would not take sales advice from a 14 year old with greasy hair and a SOAD avatar.

Unfortunately, businesses see everything - stock and employees included - as little piles of money. and you are currently too small a pile.
call me ziggy.
Quote by Trowzaa

I guess dude, I've been bored out of my mind and I think I'm getting stupider with every passing minute.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Archieisted
that was quite possibly the worst sarcasm i have ever seen

Well I noticed it and I'm slightly retarded. That says something
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by earthisearthis
Doubt it. (UK here):

Regulations are pretty strict on child labour. Employers are forced to pay you a fairly large amount, give you short shifts with lots fo breaks and all the perks. For the same amount of money they spend on a young employee, they could hire someone with more experiance to work more hours per week (lol rnt u at scool) more efficiently.

Equally, the shop owners probably wouldnt trust you with expensive stufffff. And could you lift a massive amp?

Also, I for one would not take sales advice from a 14 year old with greasy hair and a SOAD avatar.

Unfortunately, businesses see everything - stock and employees included - as little piles of money. and you are currently too small a pile.

My first post was not serious. However, for these ^ reasons, they are unlikely to hire you. (Should point out though, in England you can be legally hired for as little as just £3.68/hour under the age of 16, the stuff about oblig. short shifts/lotsa breaks is true though)
Last edited by Mazzakazza at Dec 17, 2011,
Quote by earthisearthis
Doubt it. (UK here):

In b4 kumanji et al accuses the UK labour laws of being too unfair to workers.

but seriously, pretty sure most music shop employees i know have to know 2 or more instruments, ( not guitar and bass lol)
Sergio 'Checo' Perez 2013 Formula One World Drivers Champion