i am really interested in the orange rockerverb lately, it does everything i want it to do and sounds awesome to my ears. I wont be able to buy it for a while due to cost and how loud it is. If a good deal comes up tho i'll pick one up. I am wondering what are the major diffrences between the MK1 and MK2? can i use diffrent tubes in both? do both have an effects loop?

Side note, man i love the special union jack edition that looks damn fine.
The first one has a shared eq. For a gigging musician who needs a variety of different sounds, this will be a problem. The mk1 is better value used, and the mk2 is overpriced. The EVH 5153 kills a Rockerverb.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by jimbob78
The first one has a shared eq. For a gigging musician who needs a variety of different sounds, this will be a problem. The mk1 is better value used, and the mk2 is overpriced. The EVH 5153 kills a Rockerverb.

If thats the only diff than its a mk1 for me for sure thanks!
No problems mate. They are good amps. But one eq over two channels would be a dealbreaker for me.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Ah yes. My memory has not served me well. Looks like a lack of a mid control on the clean channel on the MK1...
Bit embarrassing.

Edit: I played them before getting my Boogie MK2, and remembered there being something to do with the eq that put me off
Quote by Skraeling86

Quote by Bubban

Last edited by jimbob78 at Dec 17, 2011,
The RV50 MKI is very fizzy for high gain, and looser than the MKII, due to the EL-84 power section, the RV100 MKI is much more aggressive and in your face for high gain. Both are about equal in everything else.

If it was my choice, I'd go RV100 MKI. Probably my favorite high gain "british" amp I've ever owned/tried (and I've pretty much tried them all ). Plus q beautiful clean
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
The RV50 MKI is very fizzy for high gain, and looser than the MKII, due to the EL-84 power section, the RV100 MKI is much more aggressive and in your face for high gain. Both are about equal in everything else.

If it was my choice, I'd go RV100 MKI. Probably my favorite high gain "british" amp I've ever owned/tried (and I've pretty much tried them all ). Plus q beautiful clean

the 50mkI has a 6v6 power section.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror

"i was under the impression you can use either tubes, there is supposed to be a switch in the back that lets you pick which tubes to use.

Also iam talking about the 50watts, not the 100's. I plan on using 2 blackheart 112's instead of an orange cab. The 100 would over power the cab, also i would rather have lower headroom.
Quote by jimbob78
The EVH 5153 kills a Rockerverb.

Well, let's not get too carried away. You may prefer it over the RV but I wouldn't say it kills. I'd say they are equal in awesomeness imo.

Quote by stratplyr
"i was under the impression you can use either tubes, there is supposed to be a switch in the back that lets you pick which tubes to use.

That might explain the confusion. I found this blurb on the GC website:

"This 50W. all-tube, two-channel combo offers the ability to switch from the stock EL34 power tubes to 6L6s, KT88s, or 6550s, giving you " - same for the 100 wattr

MKIIs ship with EL34s which I prefer. They also have tube driven reverb.

Quote by stratplyr
Also iam talking about the 50watts, not the 100's. I plan on using 2 blackheart 112's instead of an orange cab. The 100 would over power the cab, also i would rather have lower headroom.

Makes sense. I'd probably go for the 50 too, you should be fine.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Well, let's not get too carried away. You may prefer it over the RV but I wouldn't say it kills. I'd say they are equal in awesomeness imo.

"This 50W. all-tube, two-channel combo offers the ability to switch from the stock EL34 power tubes to 6L6s, KT88s, or 6550s, giving you " - same for the 100 wattr

MKIIs ship with EL34s which I prefer. They also have tube driven reverb. ...

Doesn't need anything more than the EL34.
Quote by AcousticMirror

Ah, I was thinking the AD30's power section for some reason. Whatevs, the MKII was still a significant improvement in the RV50s. The 6V6s were meh in the MKI.

TS - No offense to your cab choice, but unless you've upgraded those cabs, you'd be better off selling them both and buying a nice 2x12. No sense in plugging a $2000 head into a cheap cab. Your tone is only as good as the weakest link.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Ah, I was thinking the AD30's power section for some reason. Whatevs, the MKII was still a significant improvement in the RV50s. The 6V6s were meh in the MKI.

TS - No offense to your cab choice, but unless you've upgraded those cabs, you'd be better off selling them both and buying a nice 2x12. No sense in plugging a $2000 head into a cheap cab. Your tone is only as good as the weakest link.

No offence taken, i do eventually want to replace the cabs, i'll see if i can take the blackheart cabs to the GC and see how well or badly they perform.
also disappointed that the 6v6's weren't good in it, i usually love 6v6 based amps and were hoping to swap them out, either way i will definitely experiment with different tubes in it.. I won't be sellin the blackheart cab, but maybe go for a used orange 1x12 and expand with another 1x12 in a year or so when the funds aren't so tight. The other amp amp looking at is a fender super sonic, i could buy that now used but would rather save rather than wish i had saved up.

I am really GASing for this amp as of late, i don't know if its enough for me to go into my savings for it tho...
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

MKIIs ship with EL34s which I prefer. They also have tube driven reverb.

Makes sense. I'd probably go for the 50 too, you should be fine.

ya that's the mkII.

2 octal sockets.
Quote by AcousticMirror
ya that's the mkII.

2 octal sockets.

so the mk1 does not have sockets that let me change out tubes?
it does it has 4 octal sockets since it runs 4 6v6s. I think you can switch to 2 el34s but i'm not sure.
Orange Amplifiers Rockerverb 100 MK II 100W Tube Guitar Amp Head Features:
100W
4 ECC83 preamp tubes
4 EL34 power tubes
Accepts EL34, 6L6, KT88, or 6550 power tubes
Clean channel controls: Volume, Bass, Middle, Treble

yeah, dont' know what you can do with the MKI
well it ran 4 6v6s.

i've heard people say that it was switchable...

but 6v6s should be run at plate voltages about 100v less then an el34...

so i dunno. who knows? the mkI user manual is no longer available from the orange website.

i lub when companies do that. what mkI. we never made a MkI.
Quote by AcousticMirror
well it ran 4 6v6s.

i've heard people say that it was switchable...

but 6v6s should be run at plate voltages about 100v less then an el34...

so i dunno. who knows? the mkI user manual is no longer available from the orange website.

i lub when companies do that. what mkI. we never made a MkI.

damn this is one of my major concerns, being able to try out diffrent tubes. In real world tho this probably is not a big deal and i will probably be sticking to one set. I'll have to look deeper into it, i found a MK1 for $1200 which seems like a decent deal but i'd be willing to pay maybe 2-300$ extra for Mk2 if i can find it.
Quote by AcousticMirror
if you're willing to spend up to 1500 get a rockerverb 100 mk1.

the only reason i dont want to get the 100 is to have some decent OD without killing my ears. I don't gig so i dont see the point in 100. Any reasons i should consider the 100 over the 50? I just want it to break up sooner, plus like i said earlier i wont be getting new cabs for a few months

A little late AH moment:
AAAAAAHHHHH i can change out the tubes in the 100MK1!!!! so its kinda like the best of both worlds... good call... i'll see if i can find one for $1500
Last edited by stratplyr at Dec 18, 2011,
it's going to break up almost at the same point.

the 100watter isn't going to be much louder then the 50watter

and both will be way to loud to get breakup anywhere other then on stage.
Quote by AcousticMirror
it's going to break up almost at the same point.

the 100watter isn't going to be much louder then the 50watter

and both will be way to loud to get breakup anywhere other then on stage.

bad choice for permanent home amp then... maybe i should look at the ad30 as well... I like the tiny terror but looks vise i think its not the best amp.
The AD30 is awesome. Really awesome.

One of the best cleans I have ever seen... What kills for me on that amp is the lack of effects loop. I'm kinda freak with my pedals and after playing once with they on loop I can't go back...

But if your choice is only clean tone and badass rock tone you should stick with the AD30 and get yourself a reverb. Or you could buy the MK2 and buy also an attenuator.
Gibson Les Paul Standard

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
Custom WG Cab with 2x12 Eminence Swamp Thang

Line 6 POD HD500
Quote by heliosneto
The AD30 is awesome. Really awesome.

One of the best cleans I have ever seen... What kills for me on that amp is the lack of effects loop. I'm kinda freak with my pedals and after playing once with they on loop I can't go back...

But if your choice is only clean tone and badass rock tone you should stick with the AD30 and get yourself a reverb. Or you could buy the MK2 and buy also an attenuator.

same... iam looking for something that does just what the ad30 does with an fx loop... iam kinda crazy with pedals as well. My current amps dont have an fx loop either and if i put down the dough for a serious amp that i will most likely have for the rest of my guitar playing years i might as well get something that has everything i need.
The 100 is fine for a home amp. The clean chane stays clean forever and the lead channel is all preamp distortion
Quote by Ippon
Min, way less than $1500 for the 100W MKI. $1000-1100 is a buy-me-now price.

why are are u finding these amps for 1000-1100? i cant find a mk1 100w for less than 1600

oh btw i am in northern usa (buffalo area) and if its a further away shop i would need it shipped.
Quote by Ippon
Patience. Monitor CraigsList, eBay, and various guitar forums like RigTalk, HC, TGP, TDPRI, etc.

damn... one thing i dont have... but i'll look around iam not in a HUGE hurry right away.
Quote by Ippon
Min, way less than $1500 for the 100W MKI. $1000-1100 is a buy-me-now price.

ya that's how much mine was. i'm just saying if you're willing to spend up to 1500 for a 50 then why not get the 100.
Quote by AcousticMirror
ya that's how much mine was. i'm just saying if you're willing to spend up to 1500 for a 50 then why not get the 100.

wait u paid 1000? or 1500? cause from what i can find $1000 would be a steal. I can come up with that by next week pretty much or earlier if i found one for that price. I cant barely find a used 50 for 1200 and the classifieds near me are ridiculously priced as well the best price i can find on a 50 is $1700

at $1000 i can get the amp and have tons left over for a nice 2x12 or more save up for a nice Gibby LP