So I dont know how many gamers are out here, but I'm one. And I spend like 4-8 hours a day sitting on my arse and gaming all day long and im to lazzy to get up and run/or go gym.

I wonder if I'd benefit somehow, even in the slightlies form possible, from doing push ups/squats while im loading/beying dead in game. Something like 10 push ups/ per load/death.

What do you think

EDIT:

Well I figure if i play for like 4-5 hours.

In the game I play id die/load about ~8-15 times, on 1,3,5 etc deaths i'd do 10 squats on 2,4,6 etc id do 10 push ups. I think id be forced to do a minimum of 50/50 push up/squat per hour. For 4 hours. I think it should count as a minimal excercise, no ?
Last edited by DocArunas at Dec 17, 2011,
Play Gears of War and work out when the respawns run out and you die. That's like 1234123 calories right there.
Get a proper work out routine instead. I suppose it's better than nothing if all you do is sit on your arse but I'd rather go to the gym instead.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
tried that with my freinds once playing gears
if you die you have to do 10 push ups and 20 the nest time 30 time after that etc.

one of my freinds got really strong...but he still sucks at gears
Play while running on a treadmill.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Well I figure if i play for like 4-5 hours.

In the game I play id die/load about ~8-15 times, on 1,3,5 etc deaths i'd do 10 squats on 2,4,6 etc id do 10 push ups. I think id be forced to do a minimum of 50/50 push up/squat per hour. For 4 hours. I think it should count as a minimal excercise, no ?
Yeah it can be a good way to multitask. I usually do that between cod matches or when I would die in search and destroy
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
I started lifting in between games on cod, but now I push carts at Walmart so I get plenty of exercise doing that. Another thing I considered doing when I was Christian was reading a Bible verse for each death every game, since I never read my Bible enough.
sunbather is shit
Not a good idea at all. Your body requires consistent exercise, not a few minutes every now and then over the course of a day. You would also be more likely to injure yourself because your body wouldn't have time to warm up. Consider getting one of those stationary pedal mechanisms. You just leave it in front of your chair and pedal away as you play a game. Now that would be your best bet, although you may want to make sure that you sit properly.
Or just take one hour of every other day and do some proper exercise, isnt too hard once youve made it a habit.
Quote by flxjhnlrssn
Or just take one hour of every other day and do some proper exercise, isnt too hard once youve made it a habit.

This. I remember when I started training seriously with a proper program - I started to see results already the first week. Countless push-ups every day will make you better at doing push-ups, but it won't make you any bigger, if that's what you're aiming for.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
If you wanna excercise you should probably just cut down on video games and put a solid hour or two of time that you're sitting on your ass into a productive workout routine
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by vicarious46
If you wanna excercise you should probably just cut down on video games and put a solid hour or two of time that you're sitting on your ass into a productive workout routine

This. 2-3 minutes every now and then is gonna do jack shit, regardless of how often you do it. It's not only about the quantity, but also quality of exercise.
May I remind everyone that muscle building through body-leverage or lifting =/= exercise. Exercise is maintaining cardiovascular fitness.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
This isn't exercise, but I practice good posture when I game.

But I don't think this is a good idea. If you do a few pushups here and there you'll feel like you've exercised already and you won't do anything later and you'll turn into a blob.
cat
Instead of doing push-ups, take a break every hour or so and go for a jog or a walk. That way, you'll be playing less, i.e. putting less strain on your eyes, and you'll feel refreshed too. So, when you sit down to play again, you'll have a clearer mind, and a winrar will be you.
Quote by darkstar2466
May I remind everyone that muscle building through body-leverage or lifting =/= exercise. Exercise is maintaining cardiovascular fitness.

lol no.
Quote by darkstar2466
Different types of exercise, bro....
Excercise and video games don't really mix.

That's why i'll never get a WII.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.