Poll: Do you prefer spending time alone or with others?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you prefer spending time alone or with others?
I hate people, I prefer to be alone
21 17%
I'm always alone...but not by choice :(
16 13%
I love people, want someone around as much as possible
6 5%
I'm social but also like my alone time
75 60%
Rhubarb
7 6%
Voters: 125.
Page 1 of 2
Hey Pitmonkeys, how's it going?

I've never really liked doing stuff by myself. When i go shopping for food, I always try to get a flatate to join me and the same goes for most activities. I mean, I like my alone time but I've never been a lone wolf and I really enjoy having good company.

However lately I've been wanting to get some time away. After spending 3 months living in a flat with 4 people I just wanna go somewhere secluded and just have my alone time.

How about you? Do you prefer being alone? Do you prefe the company of others?

Most of all: What kind of things do you like to do alone?
I prefer the company of my friends we do random shit all the time.
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Last edited by Metallicuh at Dec 18, 2011,
Isn't Solitude a song by Black Sabbath

;|/
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
For the Legion!
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Isn't solitude the name of this thread?

;|/
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Isn't Solitude the state or quality of being alone or remote from others?

;|\

I prefer being alone most of the time. Mostly cause I dont really like the people I could be with instead of being alone. But I would love to go somewhere new and meet new people. Like, starting up again. I have a tendency to do that though, want to redo everything when something goes wrong.

Im still somewhat of a lone wolf, have always been.
Last edited by flxjhnlrssn at Dec 17, 2011,
Isn't Solitude a ski resort in Utah?

;|\
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Isn't Solitude the name of the stadium in Ireland that is the home of Cliftonville FC?

;|/

Quote by flxjhnlrssn
Isn't Solitude the state or quality of being alone or remote from others?

;|\

I prefer being alone most of the time. Mostly cause I dont really like the people I could be with instead of being alone. But I would love to go somewhere new and meet new people. Like, starting up again. I have a tendency to do that though, want to redo everything when something goes wrong.

Im still somewhat of a lone wolf, have always been.

This guy just summed up my life haha
Quote by Mentalcore
I spend my week 70% alone, 20% people 10% Skyrim

So you get schizophrenic when you play Skyrim?

^
Last edited by flxjhnlrssn at Dec 17, 2011,
oh the pit...sometimes :P

Isn't Solitude the name of a super awesome thread that you all should be posting in properly?

;|/
i spend all of my alone time by myself
Ill Take it all
Arrows and Guns.. Hundreds and more

Save you from one
I like being around my friends and people to an extent, but being alone really allows me to contemplate the world and different thoughts I'm having. So I enjoy both.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Isn't Solitude an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era?

;|/

EDIT: To actually answer the question, I don't really like spending a lot of time with people, I only really enjoy spending time with a few. I usually hang out once or twice a week, more than that and I just feel exhausted, and stressed, or anxious, one of those feelings
Quote by devourke
I love you bro. I'd totally turn gay for you after that.

November 13th, 2011. Nodincap.

LoL: Kublai Dong

MC: StealthTurtle
Twitter
Last.fm
Last edited by MetallicSka at Dec 17, 2011,
I usually like being alone except for when I have a particularly pressing problem. In those cases I talk to my best friend Wilson.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
I'm always surrounded by people I wanna get away from & isolated from people I wanna be with. Feels bad, man.
Isn't solitude an Anorexia Nervosa song?
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
I prefer to do pretty much everything alone. Circumstance has made me that way
🙈 🙉 🙊
Generally I'm a lone wolf type of person but I don't mind hanging with my buddies once or twice a week, more then that thought and I usually get annoyed and need some time for myself.

In contrast my bands vocalist can't make it 1 or 2 days without having a friend over, really I don't know how he does it.
Isn't Solitude the name of Superman's fortress?

;|/
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
I like being alone, but there is one exception. My band geek friends. I have never been truly happy except around the band.

*foreveralone*
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
I'm alone most of the time because I want to be. I don't like people. Or, more specifically, the shitty drama, less-than-impressive humor, and pointless, dull small talk.

Yes I'm a cynical bastard.

Quote by S0n1c '97
I like being alone, but there is one exception. My band geek friends. I have never been truly happy except around the band.

*foreveralone*

And this, except instead of the band geeks it's the tech geeks. Awesome guys.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Dec 17, 2011,
I used to be social then I took an arrow to the knee....
I dont know why I find this joke so funny, I don't even know what its referencing, I just find it stupid as ****.
I actually prefer being alone for my emotional paranoid brain, I can't handle social situations. Interaction is so difficult. I have to continually think of things to say that others may find interesting so they can form a positive opinion on me. This process slowly eats away at me. I used to have a gf, I was so comfortable around her, now im just a pathetic loser stoner who takes acid and freaks out over everything....
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
I used to be social then I took an arrow to the knee....
I dont know why I find this joke so funny, I don't even know what its referencing, I just find it stupid as ****.
I actually prefer being alone for my emotional paranoid brain, I can't handle social situations. Interaction is so difficult. I have to continually think of things to say that others may find interesting so they can form a positive opinion on me. This process slowly eats away at me. I used to have a gf, I was so comfortable around her, now im just a pathetic loser stoner who takes acid and freaks out over everything....

This actually sounds more like why I don't being around people. >_>

I think it's the textbook definition of an introvert.
I like being alone, but I do have a social awareness. I try and keep my social circle small. Certain members of my family, my closest friends, my girlfriend. More than that, I can handle, I'll put on a smile and blend in, I hate it though. I'm really not a people person, I'll be honest I don't have respect for most people, I just ignore and move on. Getting to know people, all that jazz, being all bubbly and social, it's so exhaustive and it leads to nothing. It doesn't give me anything, doesn't make me feel good or anything. It's more like I don't want to handle it. It's just a pain in the ass. Kind of like your mom telling you as a kid to go say hi to someone out of politeness at some event. You know it's polite, and you know it's a nice thing to do, but really you just do it to shut her up and to blend in. It's more like a task.
Quote by The_Sophist
Isn't solitude an Anorexia Nervosa song?

;|/

Quote by SlayingDragons
This actually sounds more like why I don't being around people. >_>

I think it's the textbook definition of an introvert.

idk about you, but i dont need to regain my energy by being alone or anything like that, i just get stressed out being around people, except a select few people. its like extreme shyness. i dont think people like me, or understand me, and always seem to misinterpret my words and feelings, and i feel completely cut off from reality. its really bad when you love the world and would give up your own happiness for everyone else who ends up hating you for stupid shit they dont even understand. i just need another gf. so i feel understood and can go about life like a normal person. i hate trying to fit in, i hate not trying to fit in and getting called out on being socially awkward. why cant people just let me not say anyting when in public? i like observing and understanding and listening to people, i feel no ned to ad in my imput to the world most the time, but thats comes to be a problem, especially when trying to get with ladies. i hate going thru the same processes over and over again. its like im not even in control over my life and society controls what im allowed to do, and im usually left with few "socially acceptable" options. idk i said too much....
Isn't Solitude a palace in Stuttgart?

;|/

A few months ago I was extremely unsolitary and used every opportunity I could to socialize. Now, I don't want to talk to anyone and I just want to be alone all the time. It alternates, but I usually spend more time being solitary.

As for what I like to do alone, pretty much everything as long as I'm in the right mood.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Dec 17, 2011,
I love being alone. I also like the company of some people, but mostly I try avoiding prolonged human contact with most idiots\douche people around.

and sometimes I eat fish

I'm an introvert, so by nature I tend to prefer to do things alone and spend time by myself, but I do still do social things, and have close friends that I talk to. It's just that the ratio between time alone and time with others is fairly large compared to most people/extroverts.

I do a lot of things by myself. Play guitar, go on computer, read, etc. Regular stuff you do at home.
Quote by thedefrockednun

I've never really liked doing stuff by myself. When i go shopping for food, I always try to get a flatate to join me

hrm.

wats a flatate?
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Page 1 of 2