The more i have been practicing and looking at new more difficult tabs, i have been running into a few chord shapes i have not seen before and i don't know what to call them but i like the way they sound and would like to find out more about "Alternative" chord shapes i guess i will call them after i show you my examples, so if you have any websites or lessons to share feel free.
First one i ran into.

second one.
third one.. kind of same concept as the first.
Last one.
What the world is going on i never learned any of this stuff when studying chords? Can you just augment and add notes to chords as you please. Like i said i am just looking for some background information on some of these less common chords, Should i look into chord Composition?
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
I'm assuming you never toke Theory? Well honestly this belongs in Musican Talk, but heres my advice. Break them down, analyze the notes, learn how to construct triads/chords. Organize them into their collective triads, name, and done. You learn theory and some fancy new chords. This will only help you in the end as a growing musician! Don't count on others because I could say the wrong names easily and you identify them as that.

Cheers!
Xter
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
We need to know what strings these frets are played on and what tuning the guitar's in to even attempt to answer this question.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Xter's completely right man.

Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.

Besides, Cloudkicker knows what he's playing.. If you want to come up with some super sick djenty licks, know what you're playing.. (Obviously you can write good music without theory, but it only helps the process, yaknowwhatimsayin?)

Oh, this might help you..

The best link ever for learning chords and scales!

Use the chord name feature for your current situation.. etc, etc..

Peace!
Last edited by Zeppelin Addict at Dec 17, 2011,
If you know the notes a chord contains then you can work out what kind of chord it is. At the most basic level a chord is just 3 or more notes played simultaneously, understand chord construction and theory helps you to know how certain combinations of notes will function together and how to name them.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Xter
I'm assuming you never toke Theory? Well honestly this belongs in Musican Talk, but heres my advice. Break them down, analyze the notes, learn how to construct triads/chords. Organize them into their collective triads, name, and done. You learn theory and some fancy new chords. This will only help you in the end as a growing musician! Don't count on others because I could say the wrong names easily and you identify them as that.

Cheers!
Xter

QFT
Quote by Xter

Cheers!
Xter

MT!! Hell no! you know what they would do to him over there..
Last edited by Slashiepie at Dec 18, 2011,