I'm getting a Squier Tele custom and I intend to do some funky stuff with it. I had a couple questions about pots and switches.

1. I seem to bump the pickup selector switch when it's place where it is on the Tele custom models (same setup as a les paul). I was thinking of different solutions. One was putting a master volume knob in that position, and moving the switch down by the other knobs (like a Gibson SG). Another one would be to find a switch like the ones found on a EB-3 bass (as pictured here ), if I can find a three way one. Would either/both of these options work?

2. I've always been a fan of the "feel" of the pots on Fender basses. They just feel really solid, and there is a hard "stop" when they are at maximum and minimum. What kind of pots offer a solid feel like that?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Bump, finally got the tele today so I'm anxious to start doing some work on it. Any ideas?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Rotary knob. Those are easy to find. Might be less easy to turn than a switch is when it comes to speedy pickup selection.

I'm pretty sure Fender just uses CTS pots with a solid shaft.