Gibson LP Studio 60s Tribute
Ovation Applause AE148
Orange Tiny Terror
Raven Classic 4x12 cab
MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
EHX Big Muff Pi
Fender Starcaster Chorus
BBE American Metal 64
DeltaLab DD1 Digital Delay (kinda glitchy -__-)
Vox V847 Wah

So based on all of that: I'm about to be given a number of Guitar Center gift cards for Christmas and want to upgrade my set up somehow. If you had the gear I do, what would be the first thing you would add/upgrade? I always go used. I mainly play classic rock, blues, and some metal. Just looking for ideas because I'm not sure where to start. I've considered getting a pedalboard, but I don't really use pedals when I play live. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!
I'd get a new cab (maybe a Rectifier 4x12?), and some good quality pedals. You may not use them much now, but you might want to in the future, and when you do, you'll have them.
Will a more expensive cab really make a huge difference? I just picked up the cheapest 4x12 they had when I got it. I didn't think it would really affect the sound so much.
it is more important than the amp damn near

it is what projects your tone to the world

those speakers are important

crappy speakers and wood = crappy tone

4x12s are cool and all but don't buy 4 crappy speakers in a crappy box just so you can have a certain look

you'd be better off with a good 212 cab. think about it
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
it is more important than the amp damn near

it is what projects your tone to the world

those speakers are important

crappy speakers and wood = crappy tone

4x12s are cool and all but don't buy 4 crappy speakers in a crappy box just so you can have a certain look

you'd be better off with a good 212 cab. think about it

A 2x12 was my preference, but the only 212s they had were twice the price of my Raven. I was looking for a Bugera 2x12 at the time actually. I just have no idea how to rate cabinets, is there a certain sound or specification I ought to be looking for?
bugera cabs are not that good either

not all cabs are made the same and you still need to check what kind of speaker it has but these are usually safe bets in the sub $500 range for a 212 - especially used.

Mesa, Avatar, Orange, Splawn, Avatar, Lopoline, Framus, Marshall, Whitebox, Laney maybe.
Quote by Picklelerner
A 2x12 was my preference, but the only 212s they had were twice the price of my Raven. I was looking for a Bugera 2x12 at the time actually. I just have no idea how to rate cabinets, is there a certain sound or specification I ought to be looking for?

I got my 2x12 from Whitebox with V30s for less than 400 shipped. Check 'em out.
i do agree with the cabinet upgrade. head is a maybe. i love my dual terror.

but i feel that i have to recommend getting another guitar so you have backup guitar in case yours has problems or want to play in different tunings.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I would get a new cab and switch out the delay and chorus pedals to something better
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ