i have a RG3550MZ. i love it. i need another guitar with a full floating trem, so i figure i will go with another Prestige. i am looking for one on the cheaper end of prestige, and just really want to know at what is the lowest level that makes a good guitar without making sacrifices that decrease performance/quality (for example although easily fixable is that the 2000's dont have dimarzios, while the 3000's do). this guitar will likely get a Crunch Lab and Liquifire (sp?), unless it already has dimarzio's in it.

six stringers only
must have good trem
needs two 'buckers
most importantly, no sacrifice in quality, Prestige Quality.

it just messes with my mind how many different models there are and how they are based on a number system.

sorry for a lot of gear suggestions lately(two in GG&A), first one on EG though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
RG1570. I have one with a Liquifire and Crunch Lab and it owns. Middle single coil is diconnected and it's be rewired to a 3 way switch 'Petrucci style'.
Last edited by Lrn2shrd69 at Dec 18, 2011,
I never really understood that whole numbering either. The numbering for the old Japanese Ibanezes made sense to me, but not this stuff.

Regardless, if your requirements are just
six stringers only
must have good trem
needs two 'buckers
most importantly, no sacrifice in quality, Prestige Quality.

Then I would recommend grabbing an S5470. Cause lets face it, RG's are mostly all the same with very small differences. And the S shape is awesome. So comfortable and sleek. The mahogany will switch it up from the RG's basswood too.
^ that (in response to Lrn2shrd69).

If I recall correctly, you played one of the RG14XX's and were not impressed?

Because to the extent of my knowledge, the RG14XX's are the only ones that are "sub-par". Everything 1500 and up should be good to go, minus pickups of course.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i played an S for a little while at one point but i honestly didn't care for the shape. it played well and sounded great, but didn't sit right with me. i am used to holding thick Les Pauls, or just thicker guitars in general, and it felt too slim for my comfort.

Quote by Offworld92
^ that (in response to Lrn2shrd69).

If I recall correctly, you played one of the RG14XX's and were not impressed?

Because to the extent of my knowledge, the RG14XX's are the only ones that are "sub-par". Everything 1500 and up should be good to go, minus pickups of course.

it was a really weird one. that is the one that wasn't stamped J-Craft but was new out of the box a month or so ago, and it had some ugly figured maple top. no way in hell i would get one of those.

so any 1500 and up is good.

what gets better at the 2000 level? (as IIRC the 3000's get real dimarzios).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
how do the crunch lab and liqufire compare to the Tone Zone and Air Norton in the 3550MZ?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
how do the crunch lab and liqufire compare to the Tone Zone and Air Norton in the 3550MZ?

I don't have experience with either of them, but from my understanding the Liquifire is a modified Air Norton, that is a bit smoother. The name is quite an accurate description of how it sounds, particularly when you start to really dig the pick in. The Crunch Lab is quite a different beast to the Tone Zone though. The Crunch Lab handles detuned riffing quite well, but also cuts through very nicely when playing single note passages. It is pretty hot, but I doubt as hot or as 'sharp' sounding as a Tone Zone, from the clips I've heard of that pickup.
Last edited by Lrn2shrd69 at Dec 18, 2011,
Quote by Lrn2shrd69
I don't have experience with either of them, but from my understanding the Liquifire is a modified Air Norton, that is a bit smoother. The name is quite an accurate description of how it sounds, particularly when you start to really dig the pick in. The Crunch Lab is quite a different beast to the Tone Zone though. The Crunch Lab handles detuned riffing quite well, but also cuts through very nicely when playing single note passages. It is pretty hot, but I doubt as hot or as 'sharp' sounding as a Tone Zone, from the clips I've heard of that pickup.

that sounds exactly what i am looking for.

so go 1500? 2000? 3000?

what is the best way to go?

probably 2000 since i want to put the CL/Liq in and if i got a 3000 it would already have dimarzios, but the TZ/AN.?

how do the 1500's and 2000? compare as far as playing goes.

sorry i am asking so many questions, i am not that familiar with ibanez yet, but i am sure i will get to know them better. it is kind of odd, nobody really sells Prestige around here. so i don't have the ability to play before i pick one up. i have no problems buying guitars blindly, i can adapt quite well to about anything that plays decently. hopefully one pops up used.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I don't know much about the 14xx series, but apparently other than those, all Prestige guitars are great. As far as playability goes, they probably don't differ much aside from models with different neck shapes.

Also keep in mind the different bridges.

At this point, with such broad requirements, you could probably get any model that fits your requirements and you'd be very happy.

The Air Norton is a great pickup- very similar to the LiquiFire but not as fluid-sounding.
The Tone Zone I think is one of Dimarzio's "throatier" pickups. I see it a lot in solo artists. I believe Paul Gilbert used the Tone Zone at one point.

Where you are now, I think you should just focus on what features you want. Any of the Prestige guitars at this level will play and sound great.
I'm looking on their site, and it looks like the only 2XXX in production this year is an 8 string. The only 2 six stringers under 3XXX is the 1550 and the 1570. The 1550 has the same trem your 3550 does, and the 1570 has the Edge Pro, which is from what I've read, apparently one of the best trems ever.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I'm looking on their site, and it looks like the only 2XXX in production this year is an 8 string. The only 2 six stringers under 3XXX is the 1550 and the 1570. The 1550 has the same trem your 3550 does, and the 1570 has the Edge Pro, which is from what I've read, apparently one of the best trems ever.

yea actually took a look at their site, and thought i would see more models. what is the difference between the 1550 and 1570? i really like the trem on my 3550, and i like the ZPS system. also on the 1550 v. 1570, i like the pickguard style more on RG's, but that isn't enough to alter my choice for the right price. i also like maple fretboards so the 1550m is what i would think would do me best.

sound like a solid option?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
1570 and up is the way to go mate.

Though I would go for something different and get a 2nd hand J Custom, especially if your looking for a good guitar to go with your 3XXX

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
1570 and up is the way to go mate.

Though I would go for something different and get a 2nd hand J Custom, especially if your looking for a good guitar to go with your 3XXX

just curious why not the 1550? i am looking at the cheap end of the J-Crafts. just need a backup.

i have a lot of other gear to get over the next month or two some throughout the year, including a PA system, computer for recording and a better interface, i need to buy new cymbals for one of my drumsets, need some more hardware. and want to get a VHT Deliverancde /ramble.

if i can find a J-Custom by all means i will go for it, as long as it doesn't interfere with the PA, becaue that is a needed ASAP.

what is a good/typical price on a j-custom anyways?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
if you stick to the japanese-made prestiges, you should be fine.

the cheaper ones have basswood bodies, if that's a problem. If not, swpa the pickups and it should feel pretty similar to your 3550 (iirc the 3550 has a basswood body anyway, so )

rg1570 in other words.

EDIT: when tom said 1570 and up he means 1xxx and up. the 1550 is teh same thing as the 1570 with a scratchplate.

EDIT #2: oh ok, that's what i get for putting words in people's mouths

anyway, if you don't mind maple, the 1550 is teh same thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Dec 18, 2011,
Quote by trashedlostfdup
just curious why not the 1550? i am looking at the cheap end of the J-Crafts. just need a backup.

i have a lot of other gear to get over the next month or two some throughout the year, including a PA system, computer for recording and a better interface, i need to buy new cymbals for one of my drumsets, need some more hardware. and want to get a VHT Deliverancde /ramble.

if i can find a J-Custom by all means i will go for it, as long as it doesn't interfere with the PA, becaue that is a needed ASAP.

what is a good/typical price on a j-custom anyways?

In the UK the only 1550s have maple and I am not a huge fan of maple on RGs, so thats a prefernce thing, I never like to reccomend guitars I am not keen on myself or havent got much playing time with.

Even at work I tend to ignore the 1550 over the 1570

Depends where and how hard you look, I have seen some go for as little as $1200 and others for nearly $3k. If you have about 1.5-1.8K you could find a nice one easily.

My 1997 ( first run of 12 ) J Custom cost me just over $1600 and thats including shipping from Japan.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
In the UK the only 1550s have maple and I am not a huge fan of maple on RGs, so thats a prefernce thing, I never like to reccomend guitars I am not keen on myself or havent got much playing time with.

Even at work I tend to ignore the 1550 over the 1570

Depends where and how hard you look, I have seen some go for as little as $1200 and others for nearly $3k. If you have about 1.5-1.8K you could find a nice one easily.

My 1997 ( first run of 12 ) J Custom cost me just over $1600 and thats including shipping from Japan.

i like maple on RG's is the 1550 inferior to the 1570 by any other standards that fretboard preference?

I defiantly respect you for not advising a guitar (or anything really) that you you haven't messed around too much, i wish more people would do that.

i will probably look for a 3000 series if i find one in budget, but if i find a killer deal on a 1550 it will be mine
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i like maple on RG's is the 1550 inferior to the 1570 by any other standards that fretboard preference?

I defiantly respect you for not advising a guitar (or anything really) that you you haven't messed around too much, i wish more people would do that.

i will probably look for a 3000 series if i find one in budget, but if i find a killer deal on a 1550 it will be mine

Any 1XXX should be on par with a 3XXX its just the options/wood choices that vary. Thats how the Ibby reps certainly try to promote them as such, I would say that thats actually quite true.

These days the only Prestige Ibbys that are better than the other Prestige are the 4XXX ones and they are pretty much the J Customs built in larger numbers ( like the older 3120/3170s ) but yeah, when your hunting 2nd hand you can snag nice ones for much less than you should.

I dont like maple on anything, but if you do, gor fit it. It should be a good guitar, you just need to make sure its what you like, the way Ibanez do maple just doesnt appeal to me.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Another vote for the 1570. Same trem as 4570, same ZR/ZPS3, main three differences is the wood (basswood as opposed to mahogany), the PUPS, and no KTS (titanium reinforced neck) on the 1570. I got the 1570 I have so I could put in one of those interchangeable PUP systems and switch to a better set and still be able to swap back to the originals to maintain the original value. I've seen used 1570's for $600.00 - $700.00 USD at local GC. As for quality of workmanship, honestly the 1570 seems just as good as my 4570, I mean, they're both Fujigen made.

Disclaimer: Both of my prestiges are made in Fujigen in 2010. I've seen older 1570's that vary quite a bit. The newer have the Edge Pro trem with ZR/ZPS3 system and are absolutely great. If you can, be sure to shop for a newer model.
Quote by IbanezBossShred
Another vote for the 1570. Same trem as 4570, same ZR/ZPS3, main three differences is the wood (basswood as opposed to mahogany), the PUPS, and no KTS (titanium reinforced neck) on the 1570. I got the 1570 I have so I could put in one of those interchangeable PUP systems and switch to a better set and still be able to swap back to the originals to maintain the original value. I've seen used 1570's for $600.00 - $700.00 USD at local GC. As for quality of workmanship, honestly the 1570 seems just as good as my 4570, I mean, they're both Fujigen made.

Disclaimer: Both of my prestiges are made in Fujigen in 2010. I've seen older 1570's that vary quite a bit. The newer have the Edge Pro trem with ZR/ZPS3 system and are absolutely great. If you can, be sure to shop for a newer model.

i paid about that after taxes new from GC, it had been there for a while and was just missing the trem arm, so i beat them down on price, got a free tremolo bar sent in from japan the only bad thing is that it took 6 weeks. i was just under $700 for the 3550MZ after tax and out the door.

looking at MF atm it says the bridges are the same under specs. Edge Pro. ???

is there a link or a reliable site or article that talks about ibanez's bridges? because there are so many of them and i am way confused.

i have an edge zero with zps 3 in my 3550MZ, at least according to MF
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by Offworld92

thank you so much
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
looking at MF atm it says the bridges are the same under specs. Edge Pro. ???

I didn't read this too carefully so maybe I missed something, but if the guitar was made recently it won't have an Edge Pro, as they were discontinued in 2010. The models that used to have an Edge Pro now have an original Edge, which is a fabulous bridge - mine functions perfectly.
Quote by :-D
I didn't read this too carefully so maybe I missed something, but if the guitar was made recently it won't have an Edge Pro, as they were discontinued in 2010. The models that used to have an Edge Pro now have an original Edge, which is a fabulous bridge - mine functions perfectly.

do you know if the 1550 and 1570 had different trems prior to 2010?

used i may be getting a pre 2010 guitar, so i am just trying to figure it all out, as long as the knife edges are good or not or if it is a bearing system.

i am sorry this keeps dragging on for you guys, i know i am a pain in the arse. i really wish there was a shop where i could play some different prestige's around here, but nobody has them in stock, there are places that would order one, but i dont plan on buying a new guitar and would likely get it cheaper online than in store.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
do you know if the 1550 and 1570 had different trems prior to 2010?

The original 1550 had the Edge Pro, and the RG1550M (the one after they started making them again) had the Edge Pro, and now they've switched over to RG1550MZ, which is the same guitar other than the fact that it has a Zero as opposed to the Edge Pro. Same deal for the 1570, which had the Edge Pro from 2003-2009 and then switched the model number to RG1570Z to indicate the Edge Zero.

I have both an original Edge and and Edge Pro, and I've been very satisfied with the performance of both - the main noticeable difference in terms of playing is the smaller profile of the Edge Pro, which feels pretty much the same as my Lo-Pro. There are a couple other details as well, such as the Edge Pro accepting ball ends on strings, but in terms of playability they've both been great in my experience. I've never tried a Zero or ZR but I've heard generally positive things about them.
Last edited by :-D at Dec 19, 2011,
The original 1550 had the Edge Pro, and the RG1550M (the one after they started making them again) had the Edge Pro, and now they've switched over to RG1550MZ, which is the same guitar other than the fact that it has a Zero as opposed to the Edge Pro. Same deal for the 1570, which had the Edge Pro from 2003-2009 and then switched the model number to RG1570Z to indicate the Edge Zero.

I have both an original Edge and and Edge Pro, and I've been very satisfied with the performance of both - the main noticeable difference in terms of playing is the smaller profile of the Edge Pro, which feels pretty much the same as my Lo-Pro. There are a couple other details as well, such as the Edge Pro accepting ball ends on strings, but in terms of playability they've both been great in my experience. I've never tried a Zero or ZR but I've heard generally positive things about them.

thanks for all of the help. i think i am informed enough now to go on the hunt. i am going to have to find hell of a deal though because i need to get a PA system together in the next month or two. that will probably eat up two or three grand.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Some people hate the idea, but I've actually found my best deals on eBay. My Jem, which I've seen in other places (it's not made anymore, so no large retailers) running between 1800-3000, was 1250 in great condition and I love the thing to death. It took a bit of hunting, but it was one of the best purchases I've made.
Some people hate the idea, but I've actually found my best deals on eBay. My Jem, which I've seen in other places (it's not made anymore, so no large retailers) running between 1800-3000, was 1250 in great condition and I love the thing to death. It took a bit of hunting, but it was one of the best purchases I've made.

i buy more without seeing than i do seeing. its not really a big deal. if its a mid-to-higher end guitar, it was probably cared for it well if it was interesting enough to warrant my clicking, now on ebay (as opposed to 6 or so years ago) allow dozens of pics on their listings. the only thing that leaves me leery is fretwear. i have had an issue with that twice on ebay (out of probably 20 or so things) i don't want to do a refret in a year or two.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!

Yeah, sorry, mine are both Edge Zero's. The Edge Pro is the one they quit using. Both also have the ZR/ZPS3 system. I love that thing when it's time to change string size, I can change string size, tune, intonate, and have it up and running in 30 minutes....I that sh!t.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
(a) i like maple on RG's is the 1550 inferior to the 1570 by any other standards that fretboard preference?

(b) i will probably look for a 3000 series if i find one in budget, but if i find a killer deal on a 1550 it will be mine

(a) nope, in theory anyway they should be exactly the same. the different numbers (after the original model number) only denote different specs... 0 at teh end normally means a tremolo, 1 at teh end means no trem, etc. etc.

(b) I haven't tried teh newer 3000s (though i suspect what tom's saying is true), but on paper anyway, the 3000 series are just 1000 series ibanez prestiges with dimarzios. that being the case, if you can get the 1000 series ones a lot cheaper (you certainly can here in the UK) and are willing to swap pickups yourself, that's teh way to go.

unless you prefer the cosmetics of the 3000s, of course.

Quote by Tom 1.0
Any 1XXX should be on par with a 3XXX its just the options/wood choices that vary. Thats how the Ibby reps certainly try to promote them as such, I would say that thats actually quite true.

These days the only Prestige Ibbys that are better than the other Prestige are the 4XXX ones and they are pretty much the J Customs built in larger numbers ( like the older 3120/3170s ) but yeah, when your hunting 2nd hand you can snag nice ones for much less than you should.

I dont like maple on anything, but if you do, gor fit it. It should be a good guitar, you just need to make sure its what you like, the way Ibanez do maple just doesnt appeal to me.

+1, pretty much. the other thing i'd say is, based on UK prices anyway, if you're thinking of a 4xxx series prestige you should probably just try to get your hands on a j custom. probably will cost you less, too.

I personally love maple boards, but i haven't tried very many (if any) ibanezes with maple boards that i can remember. maybe their maple isn't as nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
All of them have the same bridge and are the same quality
1000s are the basic models
2000s have sharktooth inlays and binding as well as better finishes and pickguards
3000s have Super Wizard necks
thank all of you very much, lots of good first hand information from all of you (which isn't as common as it should be).

either helluva deal on a 3000, or a 1550 ideally with a maple fretboard.

thanks again for putting up with my lack of knowledge.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
RG1570 will be a great idea
Misha

Music Man Axis Super Sport
Diezel Einstein 100, Sparrow's Sons 2X12
Wait... Doesn't the 1570 have Edge Pro? The official website says so...
If it doesn't, go with the 1550
Misha

Last edited by terribleguitar at Dec 19, 2011,
Quote by terribleguitar
Wait... Doesn't the 1570 have Edge Pro? The official website says so...

Doubt it, maybe the website isn't updated? To the best of my knowledge, there's been no production of guitars with Edge Pro bridges since they were discontinued last year.

There's technically no RG1570 anymore, as that model refers to the one which ran from 2003-2009 that had the Edge Pro. The new model is the RG1570Z, which means there's an Edge Zero, same naming as I mentioned for the 1550's. The name hasn't been updated in a lot of places, so anything that appears as a new RG1570 (new meaning after the Edge Pro discontinuation) is in fact what Ibanez refers to as an RG1570Z.
Oh no..
Sorry Ibanez, I won't buy your guitar this year, I don't want a 1000$ guitar with an ugly chinese trem
Misha

Doubt it, maybe the website isn't updated? To the best of my knowledge, there's been no production of guitars with Edge Pro bridges since they were discontinued last year.

There's technically no RG1570 anymore, as that model refers to the one which ran from 2003-2009 that had the Edge Pro. The new model is the RG1570Z, which means there's an Edge Zero, same naming as I mentioned for the 1550's. The name hasn't been updated in a lot of places, so anything that appears as a new RG1570 (new meaning after the Edge Pro discontinuation) is in fact what Ibanez refers to as an RG1570Z.

well unless they have old stock. that's where you get the deals, too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The website shows the RG1570 and an Edge Pro..... that said, the current guitar is sold as an RG1570Z and has an Edge Zero. Please trust me on this, I have one and it is the current model...made in 2010.... If absolutely necessary I can show pics of the guitar including the headstock stamp.....
Myself, I'd definitely go used 3xxx series or find a good 1550/1570. My 3770 is the most amazing damn thing I've ever played and the trem, from experience, is rock solid. Honestly I'd look at the ones in 1xxx series that have the Edge Zero - I abuse that trem so hard but it keeps tune insanely well.

Can't say I've played an Edge Pro though sorry Only the Zero and ZR.

As far as pickups though, I wouldn't worry too much about what models have what stock pickups - you said yourself it's probably getting a Liquifire/Crunchlab setup anyhow so I'd advise you worry about pickups later.
Gear:
Ibanez RG3770
Ibanez S5EX1
Jackson SLS3
Jackson RR24
Jet City JCA50H
Marshall 1960A