i got a fender frontman212r while back and blew a speaker out. someone talked me into putting an emmenece legend speaker in there. so now i have that and the stock speaker and its got SUPER treble almost mettalic sound. also there seems to be no difference when i turn the bass up or down, and the nobs tend to crack and spit when i touch them. whats with this? do i just need to to clean the pods? is this speaker to much for this amp? i dont know anything about amplifiers.
If you don't know anything about amplifiers, why did you change the speaker?

It sounds like you have an impedance mismatch. The Eminence Legend must be the same impedance as the Frontman's stock speaker and they must be wired in such a way that the impedance matches the amp's resistance setting.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
you never want to mix and match drivers, from what limited knowledge i have about amps. it's just asking for trouble.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Hail
you never want to mix and match drivers, from what limited knowledge i have about amps. it's just asking for trouble.

No, mixing is fine as long as you get the impedance correct.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
i didnt put it in myself, i took it to a shop, the guys there said it would sound good to have the legend in there, when i turn the bass all the way up and have the treble and mids at about 4 it sounds pretty good. its just crazy how beefy and mettalic it can sound. another thing is if i push in the "more drive" button it barely sounds different just more crazy
Last edited by Razor1977 at Dec 18, 2011,
Yeah see he lied to you. He said an FM212 would sound good.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
i like the frontman212 its loud enough and light and perfect for gigs. no need for the big shit anymore, they mic you anyway.
The eminence speaker is an 8 ohm speaker, the fender speaker is 4 ohm. That's not gonna work.
GEAR
PRS:SE Singlecut w/ Crunchlab/Airnorton
ESP:Eclipse Standard
LTD:SCT607B
Fender:MIM Silverburst Tele
Line6:Pod HD500X
Ovation:EliteT1778
Quote by mmolteratx
No, mixing is fine as long as you get the impedance correct.

I mean in terms of the sound quality - you never know how the combo will sound, and it might sound absolutely disgusting.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.