hi,
i'm thinking of order a strat for a luthier to get as closer as possible to the yjm strat + some tweaks with a resonable amount of money and i need some hints.

The guitar will be used mostly in hi gain situation and sometimes for cleans,
and I cant try the result guitar before purchasing.

1) I'm thinking of putting dimarzios hs3 (bridge) and hs4 (neck) ,the center can be a stock one with only a mster vol push pull for coil tapping,now will I get that nice sound in position 2 & 4 with those pups tapped?
2)I read that malmsteens scalloping is lighter on first fret,why and what type of scalloping do u recommend?
3)What neck profile/thickness is better for fast playing ? i'm thinking of a compromise of 22 mm 1st fret but i need help for profile.
4)The price/quality he told me is brtween mex and usa std strat, but are there parts less important where I can cheap out without losing to much? now for example i get a good neck and a lesser good body.
If you scallop the frets and get the pickups he uses, you could stick all that on a mexican strat and probably be pretty happy.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
If you scallop the frets and get the pickups he uses, you could stick all that on a mexican strat and probably be pretty happy.

THIS.
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------
Close your eyes, shut out the world, and you will understand. Post-rock/shoegaze/ambient.

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
Get a MIM Strat and a Warmoth neck. That way you can get a V-neck with the 70's headstock.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
Get a MIM Strat and a Warmoth neck. That way you can get a V-neck with the 70's headstock.

I will get it customized to my custom specs by the luthier for a good price so this is not an option ...and yes i will get the big headstock
Just buy a 2nd hand one.....?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Just FYI:

Typically, a custom guitar build from stratch from a luthier will run you at least 3k.
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Depends on the luthier- Jon Kammerer, the guy I use, has standard models starting under $1K, and starts his full customs at around $2K.

And some of his standard models are a bit Strat-like.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by KDC
I will get it customized to my custom specs by the luthier for a good price so this is not an option ...and yes i will get the big headstock

So he's gonna sand your neck stock MIM neck into a V-shape?

Sounds legit.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
So he's gonna sand your neck stock MIM neck into a V-shape?

Sounds legit.

i'm unsure of the profile,i just need something comfortable
on malmsteens one fender says modern c shape anyone tried it?
for the rest i found locking tuners and dimarzios used + i will get jjust
decent wood so the price will stay under 900usd
I onestly dont need a super quality deluxe gtr,just a good player gtr
look for a used YJM strat it would probably be cheaper than trying to do what you suggest. or you can look for a used Ritchie Blackmore strat and replace the pickups. YJM uses his new seymour duncans which can get a little pricey. the RB strat can be found for around $650 used in the US and of course has the scalloped neck as well as the 70s headstock.