Would i get better tone from guitar rig 4? I would be using my computer speakers.

The vox da5 is a really good practice amp, but I was wondering if guitar rig 4 would give me better tone. Im moving to a dorm so I'd figure guitar rig 4 would make less noise than my vox da5 amp.

The vox da5 is similar to the valvetronix series except it's all solid state and has a 6.5 inch speaker.
Guitar Rig 5.

The DA5 is okay but wouldn't sound anywhere near as good. What's your budget? A HD Pod and some headphones would be a suitable option as well.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
As far as programs like guitar rig go, guitar rig is the worst sounding IMO. Revalver and Amplitube are way better, and Poulin sounds pretty good too. Poulin is free too.
Quote by rokket2005
As far as programs like guitar rig go, guitar rig is the worst sounding IMO. Revalver and Amplitube are way better, and Poulin sounds pretty good too. Poulin is free too.

This.

Amplitube is also free, comes with a good range of gear and a 'custom shop' to buy individual amps and licensed gear. Great business move IMHO.

I get amazing tones with the Poulin plugins - I mostly use HyBrit paired with LeCab 1 and the 'God's Cab' impulse response set. Sounds phenomenal.