Hey folks, been offered a Marshall 30th anniversary combo in a trade for my Windsor rig.

I love having a big amp but the 3 channels with switchable master volumes seems perfect for my problem of never curing through with solos.

What's the UG verdict on these amps? Are they basically the TSL predecessor?
A 6101 combo?
I really liked the one i tried. The 6100 are quite underrated IMO
Satriani used the heads on his earlier stuff.
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me...
I've actually used a combo in a rehearsal studio envirnoment with a band and its pretty rad. Got midi switching as well.
They are better then tsls imo.
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Dec 18, 2011,
Yeah, I'm mostly playing vintage-sounding funky rock, but with quite a modern, sustaining lead tone.
The Jubilee would probably be my ideal amp, but this seems like a good trade.

He also mentioned it has 5881 tubes, so I assume it's the LM version. I'm cool with that.
Last edited by kyle62 at Dec 18, 2011,
I think it'll do what you're after, obviously give it a shot before trading but IMO no brainer for the windsor setup depending on your cabs value.
I've got a 6100LM half stack. I've heard it described as one of the best all around amps Marshall ever made. It can sound good for just about any playing style. The drawback is that it doesn't really excel at anything in particular. I'd have to agree with all of that. I can play just about anything I want on it but it is a little lacking in personality. A few good effects can go a long way toward curing that though. Also it has one of the best clean channels I've ever heard on a Marshall.
I used to have a 6100 half stack. It was a great amp. It didn't have switchable master volumes though. My only issues were that it had no reverb (no biggy) and that it was very much a clean, rhythm, lead set up. The clean was good, but completely clean. The crunch channel was amazing, could do everything but modern metal. The lead channel was great for solos but I found that rigidly defined layout frustrating!
Quote by fly135
Just because one has tone suck it doesn't mean one's tone sucks.
I've played a 6100, and it's a great amp. Would definitely be better than the windsor IMO.
But like anything, it's a gigging amp, and you need to take it out to get the most out of it. A lot of people on here with Diezels etc at home with them barely switched on.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

What colour is it?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
if it's blue, read my sig.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Since it's got 5881 tubes, I assume it'll be the LM - so yeah, the black one.

I'm still under the impression that's a rather good amp though. Cheers for the feedback, I've agreed to the trade so hopefully I'll be doing a NGD tomorrow.

And no worries jimbo, I'm gigging and jamming all the time - I use VSTs mostly for home practice although the size and features of the 6101 should make it a great home amp too.
Quote by mulefish
Doesnt Adrian smith use 30th anniversary heads live with maiden?

He uses the Lead Mod models (6100LM). I think he also tosses JVMs into the mix now.
Will be awesome mate. It's a great amp. Enjoy
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

and for the love of all things holy make sure you test every knob and switch on the amp.

when someone wants to trade something that is most likely superior for something else, as is the case here i suspect a scam is at work.

sure it's a bit paranoid to say that, but just because you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get you.

my point is, i'd hate to see a "just traded my perfectly good windsor for a borked marshall" thread.

be thorough with your testing please.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Why why why didn't Marshall put these amps into full production?

It seems like their best amps are always the Anniversary models (Jubilee, 6100, etc)
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??