i know there 's many question about choosing a guitar already been asked, but sr you guys, none of them solve the situation i'm facing right now => decided to create a stupid thread .

In your opinion which one is better to get yamaha or LTD ? I've been playing for about 2.5 years and now i think is time for me to buy a better electric guitar but to be honest i have a limited budget so ..... you know it is a tough choice to make.

Thanks you all!
what guitar are you using now?

what amp are you using now?

what is your budget?

i ask because i know these guitars, and i wonder if they are a good enough upgrade from what you have now.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The Pacifica is an excellent all-around guitar for it's price range, but so is the LTD... the LTD DOES, however, win the Pacifica by having a lot of mojo to it!

But, in all seriousness, the Pacifica has a H/S/S pickup configuration, which IMO makes it a great deal more versatile than the S/S/S configured LTD. The LTD has bigger frets, which IMO makes it more comfortable to play on. You should try if you could test both guitars first, and then get whichever you like more.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
I personally prefer the LTD, because they seem to make nicer guitars than yamaha. That being said they're both good.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
actually, i've played both of them at the music shop and I don't know what to choose cause they are all good guitar! Before this, i had a SX strat copy which is sounds like hell. I wonder if they are good for playing some classic rock or modern rock (not metal). I'm using marshall MG15 so i think i don't need to buy new amp right away.

Again, thanks you all for replying.
Quote by doatkiem
actually, i've played both of them at the music shop and I don't know what to choose cause they are all good guitar! Before this, i had a SX strat copy which is sounds like hell. I wonder if they are good for playing some classic rock or modern rock (not metal). I'm using marshall MG15 so i think i don't need to buy new amp right away.

Again, thanks you all for replying.

Not true. MG's are awful, replace it ASAP.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
oh i forgot to mention that i'm planing upgrade pickups after buying one of them cause i really want to get some heavy tones out of strat-like guitar.
Amp before pickups. Also in that case get the LTD.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by doatkiem
oh i forgot to mention that i'm planing upgrade pickups after buying one of them cause i really want to get some heavy tones out of strat-like guitar.

if it were me, i'd upgrade the amp before guitar, or pickups.
especially if the current guitar holds its tune.

and yes, make sure your next guitar has at least one humbucker.

or at the very least put a humbucker or stacked pup in the
sx.

then use the extra money and turn in the mg for an amp that
will get you the tones you're looking for.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

man, thank you so much. but frankly, my SX is not brand new, i got it from my friend for very very very cheap price (back then, i dont really know what an electric guitar is so i bought it, after all it was a great deal even the guitar is not good ) And now in order to advance more, i need a better guitar as i said. I think i will go for the pacifica.

p/s: marsall MG15 that bad ??? :P. I'll save some $$$ for the vox VT20+ \m/
Quote by doatkiem
man, thank you so much. but frankly, my SX is not brand new, i got it from my friend for very very very cheap price (back then, i dont really know what an electric guitar is so i bought it, after all it was a great deal even the guitar is not good ) And now in order to advance more, i need a better guitar as i said. I think i will go for the pacifica.

p/s: marsall MG15 that bad ??? :P. I'll save some $$$ for the vox VT20+ \m/

ok if the sx is that bad, then yes, upgrade for one of the other two guitars.
both are fine.
make sure you have at least one humbucker.

but dont expect tone miracles, just easier playability.

after you save a while, look at different amps,
before you upgrade pickups.

see if you like the tone change.

good luck
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62