New Fender Standard Stratocasters. the wood feels cheap. MIK Squiers are miles better and 1/4 of the price.
Of course Gibson is going to be on the list. I think they have some acoustic that costs something like $20000.
REGGIE
Probably the PRS with mammoth tusk inlays.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
i predict a flamewar, followed by a thread lock and a lot of users getting warned and banned.

prove me wrong, folks...

but on topic, i think a lot of those guitars that are priced far out of most people's reach are meant to be collectors items and aren't made for guitarists. if they'll hold their resale value they are a worthwhile investment if you can afford it, but you wouldn't buy one to play one.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Go check out Warrior guitars.. They're hand carved, handmade, custom built guitars that go for $40,000 on some models.. They're completely gorgeous and made of the finest aged woods with Bartolini pups and gold hardware..

Warrior JDRAN Collection

But $40,000?

Any guitar at that price is overpriced.

^I'm sure they play very well, but they look kind of... awful...
Quote by Blompcube
but on topic, i think a lot of those guitars that are priced far out of most people's reach are meant to be collectors items and aren't made for guitarists. if they'll hold their resale value they are a worthwhile investment if you can afford it, but you wouldn't buy one to play one.
I suppose they are. I've never looked at a guitar that way I probably should.

And I'm not posting in here again, because in a few minutes some idiot will mention a flamewar-causing company.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Dec 18, 2011,
Quote by Zeppelin Addict
Go check out Warrior guitars.. They're hand carved, handmade, custom built guitars that go for $40,000 on some models.. They're completely gorgeous and made of the finest aged woods with Bartolini pups and gold hardware..

Warrior JDRAN Collection

But $40,000?

Any guitar at that price is overpriced.

I'd better be able to drive it to work... LOL

of course, if you make enough to justify it.... may not be over priced for you...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
I opened this thread and knew that Gibson ist going to be in the first 3 posts... and I was right.

Personally I never really got why people say Gibson was overpriced.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
I opened this thread and knew that Gibson ist going to be in the first 3 posts... and I was right.

Personally I never really got why people say Gibson was overpriced.

I'm not going to say I've played them all.. but... I've played a lot of guitars in my 49 years of playing... Gibson Les Paul Standards are expensive guitars. In my opinion, they're worth every penny for playablility and durablility. The sound I think is un matched by any of the hundreds of imitations out there. They really make playing guitar easier.
However...
I'd make a comparison to the tools in my tool box. When I was a Mechanic for a living, I had top of the line tools. When I played music for a living, I had top of the line guitars. I knew in both cases that my "tools" would last, and the company that I bought them from would stand behind them if they failed.
Playing part time, I don't make enough money using my guitar in a year to pay for a Gibson Les Paul... (and I don't have many "Snap On" tools in the toolbox in my garage either)

Gibson's are expensive... but over priced? maybe for some, but it's a situational thing for me.
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Recently, Ibanez are getting damn expensive.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb