Page 1 of 3
Today was a day when everyone was pissed of at me for some apparent reason.

I had a friend over today, so we sat and watched movies for 7 hours straight.

Now, my mom is apparently angry because I was ignoring her for 7 hours straight, even though I never turn my attention away from a movie(if it's a good movie= it's art!), but she thinks that I was just paying attention to that female friend on mine instead.

Now, my father, was wondering about the name of my "female friend", but he is never interested in any of my friends, so I was asking him about why is he interested in it? Well, he didn't answer and just said that " I was expecting to hear from you today - but haven't", because I wasn't present in the online-talking program, due to watching movies.

Okay, go.
It isn't a given that you talk to everyone every single day, regardless of relation. It can't be done. That being said, it could be that you haven't talked to them in a while, but your post kind of implies that you talk to them every day.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Dec 18, 2011,
Quote by Banjocal
It isn't a given that you talk to everyone every single day, regardless of relation. It can't be done. That being said, it could be that you haven't talked to them in a while, but your post kind of implies that you talk to them every day.

Yes, I do talk to them every day.

Quote by Saint78
Stop being a dick to your parents.

But I'm not, I see nothing wrong with dedicating 7 hours to the sole purpose of watching 3 great movies in a row while ignoring the outside world once in my life.
Yep, your parents are in love with you. What a mess.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Zeletros
Yes, I do talk to them every day.

But I'm not, I see nothing wrong with dedicating 7 hours to the sole purpose of watching 3 great movies in a row while ignoring the outside world once in my life.
Well, without jumping to conclusions, as you may have conveniently left some information out, what they've said kind of implies that talking to them daily is a given right. That being said, they want to talk to you. What's so bad about that? Talking to your parents is healthy. And there's nothing wrong with doing what you did, imo. My ass would hurt after 7 hours though, even with breaks.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
Well, without jumping to conclusions, as you may have conveniently left some information out, what they've said kind of implies that talking to them daily is a given right.

And there's nothing wrong with doing what you did, imo. My ass would hurt after 7 hours though. Even with breaks.

I am very dedicated to art, I rarely ..um... enjoy it in the way that I did today, but when I do, I do not let anything disturb me.
Quote by Zeletros
I am very dedicated to art, I rarely ..um... enjoy it in the way that I did today, but when I do, I do not let anything disturb me.

We get it. You made out with some girl yesterday. So did a lot of people.
Quote by Zeletros

You sound like a closed-in spoiled child.

Wouldn't hurt you to spend some time with your parents. I have lived in my own apartment for more than a year now, and it's kinda lonely. You don't know how much you appreciate your mother until you have to make take care of your own place.
Quote by Zeletros

may I ask which movies you were watching which you describe as "art?"
?

Your mom is pissed at you because you weren't paying attention to her? What is she your girlfriend?
Quote by metalblaster
?

Your mom is pissed at you because you weren't paying attention to her? What is she your girlfriend?

Don't judge him. Such is life in sparsely populated Estonian village.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by dweb23
may I ask which movies you were watching which you describe as "art?"

Any epic movie I like.

Quote by Oyface
You sound like a closed-in spoiled child.

Wouldn't hurt you to spend some time with your parents. I have lived in my own apartment for more than a year now, and it's kinda lonely. You don't know how much you appreciate your mother until you have to make take care of your own place.

I spent plenty of time with parents
Is she hot?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Give this dude some respect.. he made out with a real-life girl on his own couch!!!

is that what you wanted, TS?
Quote by damian_91
Is she hot?

Not really, but if it matters, I spent all 7 hours watching movies, rather than what is considered to watch a movie with someone else.
Quote by Zeletros
Not really, but if it matters, I spent all 7 hours watching movies, rather than what is considered to watch a movie with someone else.

You're that guy who hangs out with all these hot pieces of pussy but has no desire to mess with them, aren't you?

I remember one of your threads.
Quote by Zeletros

So you didn't spend 7 hours making out with her?
Quote by Zeletros
Any epic movie I like.

I think that's reason enough to warrant the negative comments in this thread so far

Honestly though, they're your parents, and since you're obviously living with them and they're paying the bills, you're going to have to make some concessions. If mom wants some time and dad wants a conversation here and there, count yourself lucky that's all they're asking and just be a decent person about it.

Or you could let them know before hand that you're needing some time, and that you're not trying to be an ass, but you want to have a day; it's sorely needed.

Generally, if you communicate for a second with people who care about you, you're going to find they're understanding of it.

Hell - they may even have some helpful advice seeing as how, you know, they've lived way longer and been through much more than you have yet.

Just saying.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by cornmancer
So you didn't spend 7 hours making out with her?

I spent all 7 hours focusing on and enjoying the movie.

[quote="'-[NiL"]-']You're that guy who hangs out with all these hot pieces of pussy but has no desire to mess with them, aren't you?

I remember one of your threads.

Yep, that's me

This one wasn't really hot though, but it didn't really change anything.
Are you ugly?
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Sounds like you are an only child and your parents have made you their life. It's going to be harder on them as you get older and start doing your own thing. All parents, especially those with an only child go through these steps in their kids life.

Like an obsessive gf, they need something else to concentrate on rather than you, but they don't know how or want to. All of their eggs are in one basket.

Reassure them you are still their baby and always will be but don't let anyone hold you back from living your own life that is ahead of you. Full of endless possibilities.

Unless your like twelve years old. Then disregard everything I just said and pay more attention to your parents until it's really time.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Last edited by mystical_1 at Dec 18, 2011,
Oh and, goddamnit, what movie/s did you watch?
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by mystical_1
Sounds like you are an only child and your parents have made you their life. It's going to be harder on them as you get older and start doing your own thing. All parents, especially those with an only child go through these steps in their kids life.

Like an obsessive gf, they need something else to concentrate on rather than you, but they don't know how or want to.

Reassure them you are still their baby and always will be but don't let anyone hold you back from living your own life that is ahead of you. Full of endless possibilities.

Unless your like twelve years old. Then disregard everything I just said and pay more attention to your parents until it's really time.

I have a brother.

Quote by shattamakar
Are you ugly?

Not really.

Quote by shattamakar
Oh and, goddamnit, what movie/s did you watch?

X-men first class, kung fu panda 2 and inception.

^ every one of which I've already seen for at least 3 times.
Quote by Zeletros

If you're seriously trying to suggest to me or anyone else alive that X-Men: First Class is 'art,' you should be drawn and quartered by film critics.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by Zeletros

I was under the impression you were watching the fine art of cinema, not Kung Fu Panda. In this case, your parents might be right.

EDIT: Nah, it's an ok film, but calling it art makes me chuckle.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Last edited by Banjocal at Dec 18, 2011,
Quote by Zeletros
The fact that you don't like it doesn't make it any less "art' for me

Sorry, but I'm going to have to nit-pick this one, my friend.

art
1    [ahrt]
noun
the quality, production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance.

You tell me what about X-Men: First Class exudes or exemplifies quality in production, expression, realm, or adheres to the principles of what is beautiful. Also, you could demonstrate how it's of more than ordinary significance.

I'm pretty sure nobody ever turned off an X-Men movie and said on bated breath "I can't believe I've never thought of life in this way."

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster

art
1    [ahrt]
noun
the quality, production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance.

You tell me what about X-Men: First Class exudes or exemplifies quality in production, expression, realm, or adheres to the principles of what is beautiful. Also, you could demonstrate how it's of more than ordinary significance.

I'm pretty sure nobody ever turned off an X-Men movie and said on bated breath "I can't believe I've never thought of life in this way."

So, every song you listen to makes you reflect on your dramatic experiences?

^ considering music is art.
Quote by Zeletros
So, every song you listen to makes you reflect on your dramatic experiences?

^ considering music is art.

No, considering music can be a form of art. It's not unconditionally art just because it's a medium of that.

For example, taking a tube of red acrylic and squeezing it on a canvas because it's fun, with no aim or vision, no complexity of character or emotion, is no more art than a Justin Bieber song is.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster

art
1    [ahrt]
noun

You'd be wrong.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Page 1 of 3