they keep posting articles about courtney love and mike portnoy and all these petty immature people and their personal misgivings.

the majority of comments on these news articles are negative posts towards this website about how said user doesn't want to hear anymore of this useless drivel of nonmusical "news".

why doesn't the UG team listen?

I come back to this website because of the great online community and the great supply of peer generated tabs and music product reviews and to avoid fun and tricky popup ads. the news section is almost always a joke.

it would be a great example if UG could surpass the maturity of the temper-tantrum-throwers of the musical world and ignore their whiney complaints. yet, their outbursts continue to remain "news."

so will a admin passerby maybe read this article then shoot an email up to the paid staff about this? do they care? who is saying they have to post these low-intellegence articles? are they paid extra? does it even work that way??

but anyways thanks for making the cool stuff free
"Hey kid. You wanna cigarette?"

"No thanks! I/m already hooked on Fonicks!"

Yeah there's no less than 573958374243 websites that you can get better music news from than UG.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Use a different site, or write the articles yourself.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by WCPhils
UG has a news section?

Not sure if serious...

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Not sure if serious...

Sarcasm - Get to know it.

You think they would put a bit more time into the section that everyone see's first when they go onto the front page. Awful articles, severe lack of error checking and the comment section system with the + and - is awful.
Last edited by Duffman123 at Dec 18, 2011,
Quote by Lemoninfluence

This for sure.

This thread should be in site recommendations anyway.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Well, if we're honest here, and I think we're all capable of it, I think we can admit that no matter the source or topic, whether it be ABC, NBC, CNN, UG, Rolling Stone, or the Wall Street Journal, there is always crap gimmick news alongside the more compelling news.

For every NY Times article that states a fact and provokes us to think, there's a TMZ article that makes us vomit and shake our heads.

UG isn't any different from any news source, really. Obviously, despite the outpouring of distaste for these articles, there are enough people that like them to keep them coming in.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Duffman123

'Not sure if serious' can be translated directly into 'Not sure if sarcastic' in this case. I'm a bit worried because I have to explain this.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
This site wouldn't be as endearing without the ridiculous news section that we have all grown to love.
Music stores give all gear a +50 to Charisma.

Quote by one vision
Why not chromatics? Chromatic harmony was the "new thing" in the romantic era.
Quote by BassFishin
Problem:
Fish isn't meat.
Quote by CodeMonk
Pics or its a DS-1
Quote by Artemis Entreri
The news sure generates reactions....

... Almost like...

It was SUPPOSED to do that!

CONSPIRACY!!!!
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I don't know what the **** you're on about, but I believe they should leave the whole "music" concept behind. There would be much more revenue if there were more Kardashians, not these grease haired idiots and there "music".
Quote by Panasonic3
I come back to this website because of the great online community and the great supply of peer generated tabs and music product reviews and to avoid fun and tricky popup ads. the news section is almost always a joke.

Sometimes I can't stand some of the people on here, but there are definitely a solid few that are great. I love it when somebody new comes in and asks a question about gear or whatever and like 5 people reply within a minute with step by step instructions, links to helpful websites, recommendations - the whole nine yards. Thats the only thing I like about this site anymore, other than the tabs. Too often though do I see jerks come on and just talk down to the person for typos and being retarded enough to ask for help.

I wish you would tell me your secret about avoiding those tricky popup ads though, because I can't even search for a tab without 3 different ad videos all playing at full volume at the same time and a huge popup shows up with the close button randomly hidden in a corner.

Then again, yeah, its free. I'd like to think we complain to improve it, not just to bring it down.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
What did you say, so we can assess the 'pwn' for ourselves?

I told them I enjoyed their article about pop musicians outdoing classic rock artists in every field imaginable.

Came back and my comment was gone.
Quote by Duffman123

You think they would put a bit more time into the section that everyone see's first when they go onto the front page. Awful articles, severe lack of error checking and the comment section system with the + and - is awful.

lol you made a good point about something very good but because you said a band i don't like was not bad then you get a thumbs down lololol

I got about -50 for telling people to stop whinging about either bieber or nickelback. Arseholes.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I think a majority of those are just used to promote an artist/album...poorly.

(Article title) "*Insert name here* says *insert stupid comment here*"

(End of article) "By the way, check out *insert name here*'s new album out in December."
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Quote by Trowzaa
lol you made a good point about something very good but because you said a band i don't like was not bad then you get a thumbs down lololol

I got about -50 for telling people to stop whinging about either bieber or nickelback. Arseholes.

Personally I'd rather have that then a load of 'stfu f0ggat!' posts.

but then that's probably because it saves the CCs a hell of a lot of work.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
The news section is generally pretty poor, though the Steven Wilson interview on the front atm is nice. It's all these "music sucks now blah blah bieber sucks blah blah lolz Nickelback" articles that are annoying.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by strat0blaster
... Almost like...

It was SUPPOSED to do that!

CONSPIRACY!!!!

That was the point of my post
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
How much news do you really think there is in the world of music? It's better to have some fresh discussions of less-serious stuff than keep the stale articles on the main page for days and days IMO.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by Trowzaa

That article and its comments made me lol. Anybody with a valid opinion had a -50+ (not that it matters). Every "gtfo beiber you fagg0t i like tr00 music posts" had about 230 "+s"
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter