So are there any video editors in the pit? Whether it be for a hobby or for a job. Discuss your software of choice, post your stuff here (youtube link, w/e) or just anything editing related.

I've been doing editing for a while in Sony Vegas/Adobe After Effects so was just wondering.

I'll hold off on posting my youtube channel unless people want me to so it doesn't seem like I'm advertising. It's mostly just video game edits.
edgy meems only friendo :^)
Windows Movie Maker.

Actually, I'm not even kidding. I've made a pretty decent skate video part for me and my friend in Movie Maker. We used this awesome Interpol song and it didn't turn out too bad because Movie Maker offers sub-second precision on fitting video to audio. Not that sub-second precision is something to bring home to 'ma, lol.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Dec 18, 2011,
Quote by darkstar2466
Windows Movie Maker.

Actually, I'm not even kidding. I've made a pretty decent skate video part for me and my friend in Movie Maker. We used this awesome Interpol song and it didn't turn out too bad because Movie Maker offers sub-second precision on fitting video to audio. Not that sub-second precision is something to bring home to 'ma, lol.

yeah its seems kinda of crappy but once you get the idea how to do it...the movie maker is pretty good
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
WMM isn't actually that bad. Just because it's free, people assume it's bad but it's gotten a lot better.
WMM/WLMM. Each have features that the other doesn't, for some reason, so I use both.
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
iMovie is what I mostly use. It doesn't have a ton of features and can be irritating sometimes but it does a good enough job. I'd probably go Sony Vegas if I could.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by Artemis Entreri
iMovie is what I mostly use. It doesn't have a ton of features and can be irritating sometimes but it does a good enough job. I'd probably go Sony Vegas if I could.

What's stopping you?
Well, this thread didn't get as big as I thought it would.
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
Quote by thenextkirk92
What's stopping you?

Money. And I refuse to pirate. I dropped a LOT of money on a new iMac, solid state drives, super powerful processor, logic, etc so I'm going to have to live with iMovie for my videos for a while.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Money. And I refuse to pirate. I dropped a LOT of money on a new iMac, solid state drives, super powerful processor, logic, etc so I'm going to have to live with iMovie for my videos for a while.

please tell me you bought a small ssd that only holds the os and programs that you use esata for every other file ... please... tell me
Fraps-to-WMM is my favourite way of making gaming videos. Well, attempted.
I acquired Adobe Premier-something for a feel of it and I liked it. But the rendering makes me so impatient.

I don't go for quality. I just like to get it done and out there. I guess I do rush it, but I think people do take audio/video quality too seriously on Youtube.
I do some video editing as part of my Audio/Video module at uni. Currently shooting some film with DSLR cameras, and editing with the truly horrendous Final Cut Pro (although I'll probably switch to Avid).
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Quote by Capua47
please tell me you bought a small ssd that only holds the os and programs that you use esata for every other file ... please... tell me

Pretty much. I have a 200GB drive with both OSX and Windows 7 and all of the applications. Then 2 1TB drives, 1 for all of my logic/iMovie stuff and one for everything else.

I talked to a bunch of people before I bought it.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712