So I've been looking for a bass reverb and have seen tc electronic and EBS do one but is there any others you could recommend me to check out? price range is upto about £200
Shamone
it'll just be for use with more ambient/chilled out stuff and maybe a bit of chordy/tapping stuff too, I just thought the guitar ones might lose some of the low end of my tone?
Shamone
Quote by wilkozade2005
it'll just be for use with more ambient/chilled out stuff and maybe a bit of chordy/tapping stuff too, I just thought the guitar ones might lose some of the low end of my tone?

You'd, at worst, risk the opposite with a guitar reverb--make things too muddy when the bass reverberates without any kind of high pass filter. There isn't usually any cut to the low end in time-based effects. I say go try a few guitar ones out and see what you think--they should work fine for tapping solos or slow tempo ambience. Playing typical faster lines when you're not on the very top of the mix is where you'll start to run into trouble.
I <3 Reverb

I use it WAY moreso for guitar, but i (of course) have tried any reverb i've owned for guitar on my bass...

EHX Holy Grail - It was oooookay... a bit muddy, but decent if you don't have a clean tone. Sounds good with overdrive.

EHX Cathedral - Out of your price range. But a TON of options and actually reacted very well for bass.

Boss RV5 - My favorite on bass. You SHOULD find one used in your price range. It has a bunch of options, but they're actually usable.

Digitech Digiverb - Another favorite of mine. It's cheaper than the Boss, and is a great substitute.

Malekko Chicklet - Another fun one. Also pricy. May or may not still be in production (?). It's a basic reverb, but handled clean tones phenomenally!

Danelectro Spring King - My absolute favorite reverb pedal... on guitar. While it's okay on bass... it's a HUGE pedal, and other, smaller pedals do the job on bass better.

In my opinion, for Reverb, at least, i tend to prefer digital pedals. They seem to push the lows better than the analogues, which seem to get thin.

Also, i have, on occation, used delay pedals in lieu of actual reverb to achieve a similar effect. This is something i suggest you look into before you invest in a reverb, which even for me, is VERY situational on bass. In general, you'd get more mileage out of a delay pedal anyways.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
One option (if you can afford) might be to buy a couple of pedals, an EQ pedal and a reverb. You wouldn't need an all-singing, all-dancing unit then. You could send your bass to an EQ, kill all the lows, then send that signal to the reverb, then back to your amp, and blend it slightly with the clean signal.

I'd imagine this is the best way to achieve reverb on a bass without it sounding muddy and confused.