I'm having trouble with tapped harmonics on my guitar. They don't ring out, I just hear the sound of my finger tapping the fret. Will a neck adjustment fix this?
Why a neck adjustment? Don't immediately blame the guitar. Make sure you're tapping the fret cleanly and with a reasonable amount of force, bouncing your tapping finger off immediately so as not to sound the note.
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
tap directly on top of the fret, and whack it (so it hits teh fret and comes off it almost instantaneously)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Paddy McK
Why a neck adjustment? Don't immediately blame the guitar. Make sure you're tapping the fret cleanly and with a reasonable amount of force, bouncing your tapping finger off immediately so as not to sound the note.

Because I've been doing them on this guitar for a few years, recently had a setup, now this problem.
oh ok

how does it feel after teh setup compared to before it? is teh action a lot higher or lower? etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
oh ok

how does it feel after teh setup compared to before it? is teh action a lot higher or lower? etc.

Lower, it's now set to factory height. I had a bad setup awhile back, tech somehow thought I wanted my EBMM axis as true floating trem. Anywho, brought it back to him and I'm pretty sure he lost a neck shim. Tired of dealing with someone who seemed clueless, I sent back to EBMM and had them set it back to factory specs.
Last edited by scott john at Dec 18, 2011,
ah ok, thanks

maybe with a higher action you get a little more sustain and vibration from the string which makes the harmonic jump out more? that's about all i can think of (assuming the new setup was done competently).

I guess just practise more until you can do it with the new setup? Assuming you prefer the new setup for all other playing, of course.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
haha sweet
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?