Hi,
I'm considering buying one of these pedals as from what I have heard it's awesome but it's on the pricey side so I was wondering if any of you have used it and what your opinions about it are.

Thanks
pretty expensive yes. some people find them usable, others think they are just noise boxes.
mojostompboxes.com
It requires a lot of experimentation to get the tone you're looking for, but I don't understand the people who say it's unusable.
My friend has one, it does require a little tweaking, but we found it near impossible to use on a solid state amp. Should be ok on a tube though, as long as you're patient
As others have stated, it does require a lot of work to get a usable sound. If you just like to turn dials randomly, most of the time you will just get a squealing din. I also found the pedal to be very weak in the bass range. My fuzz factory often picks up radio stations too, gotta love those germanium transistors haha.
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!
I have the Fuzz Probe. Same pedal just with a cool add-on.

I have absolutely no trouble dialing in any settings. I find it pretty easy, maybe cause I actually KNOW what the knobs do haha. Personally, my FF doesn't have any bass trouble, maybe change your pickup height (could be it, I had problems with bass on a clean channel and the pickups were the problem).

I will never sell it. I love it. The range of different tones you can get from it is amazing
Gibson Firebird 70s Tribute
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi
as much as zack vex would hate to hear this, i'd just buy a clone of his pedal. zvex pedals cost too much for what is in the box, there are many people offering clones of his pedals for reasonable prices (like 100 bucks).
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
played it twice. didn't get along twice. although my mate bought one recently and is in love with it. just thought it was too noisy and didn't sound as big and in your face as i like my fuzzes.
I love mine. What kind of tones are you looking to get out of it?
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by namesroverrated
I love mine. What kind of tones are you looking to get out of it?

Mostly Muse Matt Bellamy and just general fuzz tones for my own playing.
Quote by Dillonski

fuzz factory is probably for you then
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Quote by Dillonski

bellamy uses the fuzz factory for the plug in baby lead, citizen erased solo, and the groove. and also for the blackout solo i think. for other tones, you'd be better off getting a muff or a distortion of some sort.

and it is pretty weak in the bass range and very trebly, although i find running it into a boost mellows it out nicely.

the fuzz factory's great for squealing awesomeness, and tweaking on the fly.
Last edited by NakedInTheRain at Dec 19, 2011,
Quote by joe_k
no one wants to hear your muse love here. take it back to TGP.

i kid, fuzz factory needs more bass.

wut? my muse love has always been here at UG....

and there is a bass mod for the fuzz factory. i forget what it is though.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
wut? my muse love has always been here at UG....

and there is a bass mod for the fuzz factory. i forget what it is though.

If you have to mod a $300 pedal to make it sound better then you are doing it wrong.

you know i'm only shit stirring ya. i seen you play, you know how to work stuff like the fuzz factory,
My Fuzz Factory sounds fine? It has plenty of bass, you just need to know how to set it properly. I love mine, it's very versatile once you know what you want from it and how to control it properly.
Quote by Dan_5893
My Fuzz Factory sounds fine? It has plenty of bass, you just need to know how to set it properly.

Pretty much this.