Okay, I've been window shopping, looking for some new pick-ups for my Les Paul Studio Special.... Doesn't really sound the best with stock pick-up's, and I guess the sound board could use an upgrade too, not too 'in tune' with guitar hardware, but all in all, i need new pick-ups for it... and I need some help on the right ones... i'm looking for some that will give a good crunch, but also offer good O/D sound as well, something along the lines of pop/punk like Sugarcult, but also belt out appropriate tunes for bands like Breaking Benjamin and A Day To Remember... now I don't need to carbon copy these sounds... just get in the ball park... price is minimal 100-300 preferred. Higher if really need be.
Honestly, it's a bit, well, generic, but the Seymour Duncan JB would probably do you. However, what amp do you have first?
+1 the JB will work, what about Dimarzio?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by telemetal
Honestly, it's a bit, well, generic, but the Seymour Duncan JB would probably do you. However, what amp do you have first?

I've got a Behringer V-Tone GM-108 Analog Amp, but i'm looking to upgrade to a Peavy Windsor 20-Watt Studio soon.
I heard EMG 60/80's would be in my sound-range too, at least what i wanted, if i got my Peavy Amp.
Quote by NexAtrum
I heard EMG 60/80's would be in my sound-range too, at least what i wanted, if i got my Peavy Amp.

u'd have to route out some of your guitar to make room for the battery. y don't u just drop in some of the hotter gibson pickups?
I've never had a bad set of Dimarzios but if you have the money BKP Nail Bomb/Cold Sweat's are amazing
If you use them right, Dimarzio X2N's. They get a lot of hate, but it's usually because of people using them wrong. A lot of people install them raised too high and close to the strings, when they should actually be lying low in the pickup ring. When used correctly they have a unique voicing to them and truly bring out the characteristics of the wood, though they are really sensitive.
Well see I'd be more 'in tune' with the actual 'good selection' if I knew what actually sounded good for the genre I want. I also will need something that will fit, I don't want to mod the body of my guitar. So we're talking specifics here.... Not naming just broad 'genre's' of models what would be good to fit the sounds of 'A Day To Remember', 'Sugarcult', 'Fall Out Boy', 'Senses Fail', and 'All Time Low'? Not focusing too much on any one genre, what would float between them all, rather equally?
Quote by NexAtrum
Well see I'd be more 'in tune' with the actual 'good selection' if I knew what actually sounded good for the genre I want. I also will need something that will fit, I don't want to mod the body of my guitar. So we're talking specifics here.... Not naming just broad 'genre's' of models what would be good to fit the sounds of 'A Day To Remember', 'Sugarcult', 'Fall Out Boy', 'Senses Fail', and 'All Time Low'? Not focusing too much on any one genre, what would float between them all, rather equally?

for Fall Out Boy and All Time Low just get some expensive new shoes and a cool haircut.

But really, get the amp first and you'll probably like the sound of your guitar better. I doubt pickups will make that huge of a difference.
Last edited by Polar13 at Jan 1, 2012,