Alright guys, here's the deal: I have a LTD guitar loaded with EMGs which I recently started to tune in B standand, going through a Marhsall overdrive pedal into a Crate Vintage Club 50. I like to play mostly thrashy and melodeath-y riffs, buh I dabble into other stuff now and again.

My current problem is: I absolutely love the clean sound of my amp, it's godly... but the saturated channel could be better. Its gain is OK (improved by pushing it with the OD pedal), but it doesn't take that well to the low tuning and the EQ in it could be better. Buying a new amp is not an option, and I really don't want to part ways with this one anyway. So, the obvious choice would be a distortion pedal.

There's almost no variety of pedals available in my country, so I'm seriously thinking about importing one or getting someone to buy one for me when they travel to the States. Listening to samples, I've taken a liking to the sound of the Blackstar HT DistX, but some people say it's not fit for metal at all... anything else I should consider at around the same price or lower?

To give you an idea of what I'm looking for... right now I'm playing an awful lot of Amon Amarth, Dark Tranquillity and some Mercenary.
Guitars: ESP LTD EX401-DX, Epi Explorer 1984, Schecter C-1 FR-S Platinum
Effects: a bunch
Amps: Crate Vintage Club 5310, Peave 6505+ 112
I have a line 6 "uber metal" distortion pedal that really made my cheap amps come to life. wasn't very expensive either.
Forgive me for asking but, "why on earth would you post this question in the "Acoustic and Classical Guitar" forum"?
Quote by Captaincranky
Forgive me for asking but, "why on earth would you post this question in the "Acoustic and Classical Guitar" forum"?

I was wondering the same thing...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Yeah haha, shouldnt you ask that in the equipment forum? Or atleast the electric guitar one at the very least?
Oasis nut
Gear: Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Ej-200, Peavey Studio Pro 40, Digitech RP55, Boss ME-20. Too many pedals to list.
Latest additions: epiphone ej-200, boss me-20

Quote by DAiMIteHan

Am I old enough to wear this fist in school?
I'll move it over to guitar gear.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Hardwire TL-2.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
If price is no object, take a look at the Wampler SLOstortion.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
For a little cheaper than the HT-DistX, you could look at the Ibanez Jemini. It's a dual pedal, and it sounds awesome!
If you're looking for a lot cheaper than that, you could look at the Hardwire SC-2 Valve Distortion, or the good old MXR Distortion III or the Fullbore Metal, also by MXR.

Let me know what you end up getting, and what you think. Good hunting!