Page 1 of 2
I just seen a video on it, and it seems pretty insane. However, I live in Canada, and i'm wondering what American citizens think about this?
I blame Canada.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Twist of fate
Dammit. I hate when things sound serious but I don't know what they mean

A news article would be appreciated. Then we know if is true.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Maybe a news article for us dirty foreigners?

edit: lolcanadafreepress
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
inb4zootmanjish_punk
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by morierdeity
<a href=http://static.esportsea.com/global/images/teams/40882.jpg>

Bravo.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
misleading title
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Seriously, the NDAA of 2012 is being referred to as "martial law"?

Somehow, the pure stupidity of this does not surprise me. And undoubtedly, people will believe this.
My God, it's full of stars!
I don't believe it.

Edit: Canada Free Press

Edit2: I do, however, understand why there is opposition to the NDAA.

Edit3: If those two sections have been removed, maybe not. I did read it (well, scanned through it). I promise I'm done editing.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Dec 18, 2011,
Until I see some sources that aren't basically blogs written by keyboard-Guevaras in tinfoil hats I'm just going to assume that this is scaremongering bullshit of a fairly respectable grade.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Last edited by Caustic at Dec 18, 2011,
Quote by Dreadnought

Somehow, the pure stupidity of this does not surprise me. And undoubtedly, people will believe this.

You're just saying that cause you're in the army and wanna oppress us under this new martial law.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Dreadnought

The NDAA passing will not declare martial law at all, it is more of a straight up piss on the bill of rights. (You basically still have your rights when a civilian or low level enforcement officer does something to you, but get in the way of an elite or one of their fat cat friends, you are absolutely ****ed. You get a secret trial to prove that you are not guilty and then you are off to indefinite detention and/or torture without need of charges, Edgar Allen Poe style)

The NDAA along with the Patriot Act are some straight up NWO shit lulz.
Last edited by garden of grey at Dec 18, 2011,
Quote by garden of grey
The NDAA passing will not declare martial law at all, it is more of a straight up piss on the bill of rights.

The NDAA along with the Patriot Act are some straight up NWO shit lulz.

No, the NDAA isn't that at all. Go and read it, please. Only two sections have caused conflict (secs. 1031 and 1032) and those have since been amended. People overlook that fact, as well as the fact that the other 99% of the bill is about mundane stuff such as the amount of people who are able to enlist over the age of 40, etc.
It;s a law that basically allows the arrest of any american civillian for an indefinite time period regardless if they have a reason to arrest them or not and pretty much spits in the face of the Bill of Rights.
Quote by Dreadnought
No, the NDAA isn't that at all. Go and read it, please. Only two sections have caused conflict (secs. 1031 and 1032) and those have since been amended. People overlook that fact, as well as the fact that the other 99% of the bill is about mundane stuff such as the amount of people who are able to enlist over the age of 40, etc.

If section 1031 has been altered with an amendment that has passed, post it please. I know that the rest of the bill is a continuation of standard defense funding and a bunch of other normal American stuff, but 1031 was absolutely ****ed up the last time I read it.
S. 1867 (the senate version of NDAA of 2012, the one that passed):

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c112:2:./temp/~c112kmiJn4::

This was added to section 1031:

(e) Authorities- Nothing in this section shall be construed to affect existing law or authorities, relating to the detention of United States citizens, lawful resident aliens of the United States or any other persons who are captured or arrested in the United States.

The above paragraph is in both the House and Senate versions of the bill.
Quote by necrosis1193
inb4zootmanjish_punk

This is getting old...

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by JamSessionFreak
This is getting old...

It gets old the day it doesn't happen. I could mix it up, Kumanrish_allures.

Authorities? Implying something other than the constitution?
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by necrosis1193

That's a neat one
It's the Indefinite Detainment bill for people defined as 'terrorists.' Absolutely nothing like or to do with martial law.

The bill is abhorrent anyway, but saying that it's martial law is not only stupid, but grossly inaccurate.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Dreadnought
S. 1867 (the senate version of NDAA of 2012, the one that passed):

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c112:2:./temp/~c112kmiJn4::

This was added to section 1031:

The above paragraph is in both the House and Senate versions of the bill.

I am still against it for the fact that we should apply our Constitution to anyone detained in the name of the United States, regardless of if they are a citizen or where they were detained.
Quote by Dirge Humani
I am still against it for the fact that we should apply our Constitution to anyone detained in the name of the United States, regardless of if they are a citizen or where they were detained.

I still agree, but is still a lot less of a spit in the face to the globalists own voters.
Quote by necrosis1193

Better cause it's fresh.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by Dreadnought
That's a neat one

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Better cause it's fresh.

That shall be what's used then until it wears out.

Quote by necrosis1193
That shall be what's used then until it wears out.

Deal.
OT: I still don't understand what this is all about.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Deal.
OT: I still don't understand what this is all about.

Crazies overreacting. Can't say it any clearer haha
Quote by Dreadnought

THEY'RE TAKING OVER MAAAAN!

Anyway, since you seem to have the best knowledge of this issue. Has the bill been a partisan issue at all or has it passed through nice and easily? I imagine Ron Paul would have kicked up a fuss if he wasn't busy losing an election but not sure otherwise.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Quote by leeb rocks
THEY'RE TAKING OVER MAAAAN!

Anyway, since you seem to have the best knowledge of this issue. Has the bill been a partisan issue at all or has it passed through nice and easily? I imagine Ron Paul would have kicked up a fuss if he wasn't busy losing an election but not sure otherwise.

Rand Paul took the floor, but neither party seemed to object, even to the bill that included citizens.

The original version of sec 1031 is teeming on tyranny, I wouldn't call it paranoia.

So which candidate for 2012 do you prefer? You don't really sound like you read more than you bash, so if reading this post is too much to produce a stupid reply, don't bother.

Quote by Dreadnought

How do you feel about the Patriot Act dread?
Last edited by garden of grey at Dec 18, 2011,
EC. 1044. TREATMENT UNDER FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT OF CERTAIN SENSITIVE NATIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION.

(a) Critical Infrastructure Security Information-

(1) IN GENERAL- The Secretary of Defense may exempt certain Department of Defense information from disclosure under section 552 of title 5, United States Code, upon a written determination that--

(A) the information is Department of Defense critical infrastructure security information; and

(B) the public interest in the disclosure of such information does not outweigh the Government's interest in withholding such information from the public.

That one might be a little sketchy. Even though the section is more for protecting infrastructure, that could be loosely defined under say, pre-war measures with countries, trading of weapons, etc.
The most conflict in the bill was caused by the lack of clarity that used to be in Section 1031. In earlier versions of the bill, it wasn't clear if it applied to American citizens or not.

The entirety of the rest of the bill is fairly routine and mundane legislature regarding the day-to-day boring nonsense of running a military. If you read the bills yourself, you can see how boringly standard they are haha

EDIT: This is to leeb rocks
Last edited by Dreadnought at Dec 18, 2011,
Quote by Fat Lard

(B) the public interest in the disclosure of such information does not outweigh the Government's interest in withholding such information from the public.

That one might be a little sketchy. Even though the section is more for protecting infrastructure, that could be loosely defined under say, pre-war measures with countries, trading of weapons, etc.

Nothing new there. Shit's been getting classified for 100+ years.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Page 1 of 2