Greetings! As you all know with Christmas comming, so is money for customizing gear! Currently I have a mim strat that I love because of the neck, and it currently has a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates in the bridge, so it's time to change the other two pickups, but I'm new to this and have some questions. I really want some versatility and am loving both the punchy, clear tones of some of Hendrix's songs (Wind Cries Mary, All Along the Watchtower) but when I tried out a friend's USA deluxe strat, the noiseless pickups gave me an incredibly smooth overdrive town that sounded beautiful. This made me thing of putting a Klein '69 pickup in the neck, and a Fender noiseless pickup in the middle. Does anyone know how these pickups will react together (2 & 4 positions)? Will I be able to get any "Strat Quack tones"? Are these the right pickups for what I want?
I play through the strat into a Vox Satchurator into a Jet City 20watt combo. I play almost everything from Hendrix, Clapton, Zeppelin, Bob Marley, Guns'n'Roses, Alice in Chains, Van Halen, Satriani, and Rage Against the Machine/ Audioslave, just so you can see the versatility needed. Any and all opinions and help are Appreciated!

tl;dr: Read you lazy beotch!
DAS BOOT!!!
Can't help with those choices, but most of the quack would come from ur #2 position, which may be negated by the Pearly Gates in the bridge. For the record, I just put in a set of D'Allen's CS Hot Vintage 54/59s and they scream Hendrix and SRV. I went with a loaded pick guard and 7-way switching for the additional Tele bridge/neck combo.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Thanks for all of the replies so far! How would a lace sonsor compare to fender noiseless for overdive sounds? Keep posting! Cheers!
Also remember, versatility is what Im after, not so much exactly specific tones.
DAS BOOT!!!
Last edited by Blues Hippie at Dec 18, 2011,