It's good, but I think you could have gone beyond using open strings and the 7th and 8th frets for so much of it, and elaborated on the power chords. At the moment it's not really melodic enough to make it interesting to listen to.
I just posted the 2nd version on top. If somebody can help me by editing it further i would appeciate it
The 2nd one feels less repetitive but the 1st one sounds better. They're both pretty generic though and get boring fast .
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
And its not about how the notes look, its about how it sounds. not everyone cares about how much notes you can cram into a piece of music.
Quote by 13Trivium13
And its not about how the notes look, its about how it sounds. not everyone cares about how much notes you can cram into a piece of music.

Wait... what?
Quote by LRCGUITAR
Wait... what?

Think he's trying to justify this whole genericore thing...pretty much just imagine why Asking Alexandria are so popular.

This song has the potential to be pretty good in fairness. Some of the riffs are pretty cool, section B and E for example. The repetitive nature of all of the riffs though, don't really help out the song. I feel like bass and vocals might bring this up a few grades, add some cool bass fills and maybe spice up that rhythm guitar a little in the choruses.

It's not a bad song, it could just use a lot of work.

EDIT: Crit here if you like
IGNITE THE FUCKING SKY
Last edited by XtractionProces at Dec 21, 2011,
Quote by 13Trivium13

You've clearly missed the point. Why would you want to write the same old shit that a million other terrible bands have already written? What is the point in being a composer if you don't strive for originality and creative genius?
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
Quote by frankibo
You've clearly missed the point. Why would you want to write the same old shit that a million other terrible bands have already written? What is the point in being a composer if you don't strive for originality and creative genius?

I haven't been in this forum for months (Completely irellevant, I know ), but I've gotta agree with frankibo here.

As for what I thought of it. Riff-wise, it isn't actually that bad, but like others have said, it is ridiculously generic. The drum track wasn't the best either, I appreciate that most people in this forum aren't too fussed, and they're often just there as a guide, but if the drums were spiced up, it would add a lot to the track. A bass part would help too. It is very repeatitive, but it is also just an instrumental at the moment, so there is a pretty good chance that vocal part would help break it up a bit most likely.

Although, I will say that if you're happy with the piece, then to hell with anyone elses opinions. Write music to please yourself, not others!
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Dec 22, 2011,
Quote by Somekid94
Add a 3rd harmony to the main riff.

It sounds VERY Trivium-y.

I do listen to Trivium alot, explains user name
How about it, should i make a recording and add some screamed vocals? i can record everything myself except drums, but ill create a few improved stuff on some drum sampling program.
I'd like to state that I'm not at all into the whole "cramming notes" thing either, if you checked the music I listen to it's quite the opposite. But on topic, I think the reason you're getting all this flack is partially the genre of music you're writing for (no offence intended here), but also because some of the motifs you repeat too frequently. I use to do that too, maybe you should write a few more riffs with the same scale/tempo and see if some of the should be stitched in here and there. I'll be honest, it's not my ideal style of music and I'm not entirely sure what you want out of the song.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
I will upload a 3rd edit and some few other pieces im working on when my browser starts to work correctly and doesnt direct me to a vbulletin error when i click on a link
Quote by 13Trivium13
How about it, should i make a recording and add some screamed vocals? i can record everything myself except drums, but ill create a few improved stuff on some drum sampling program.

Once you're satisfied with the song, there's no reason you shouldn't record it.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Quote by Carl6661
I haven't been in this forum for months (Completely irellevant, I know ), but I've gotta agree with frankibo here.

We've missed you
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
Quote by frankibo
We've missed you

Awww!
I might have some stuff to put up soon, mate. I just kind of gave this forum a break for a while, and then totally forget about it