Page 1 of 3
(In the UK). It's really quite lols. Sound like men were lying more than women about their sexual encounters on an anonymous survey I'll bold the parts which make me say this. (Initial thoughts mind. The actual study is linked in the article.)

The Health Survey for England found that men reported having 9.3 different partners on average, with a quarter of men boasting of more than 10 conquests.

However a third of those questioned admitted they were only estimating the number of notches on their bedposts.

By contrast, women had a mean average of 4.7 sexual partners in their lives so far, with a quarter having just one. They were more likely to be certain of the number of lovers they had had.

“More women than men reported having sexual intercourse with only one partner of the opposite sex in their lifetime (24 per cent of women compared with 17 per cent of men), and conversely more men than women reported having sexual intercourse with 10 or more partners of the opposite sex (27 per cent of men and 13 per cent of women).”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/relationships/sexual-health-and-advice/8958520/Average-man-has-9-sexual-partners-in-lifetime-women-have-4.html

What do you guys think?
Last edited by Craigo at Dec 18, 2011,
Everyone lies.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I find that hard to believe. I really think it's women that have 9 while men have 4.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant

"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
use the rule of 3 to find out their actual numbers, men multiply and women divide

Men - 9÷3= 3

Women - 4x3= 12
Women have more, and men have less.

Dude, come on, it's Britain. Have you seen how girls behave on this island?
Quote by Philip_pepper
Women have more, and men have less.

Dude, come on, it's Britain. Have you seen how girls behave on this island?

I've seen how girls behave on my peninsula

pinga
Well considering men report so many sexual partners and women report so comparatively few, I can only conclude British men are banging each other.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Craigo
OP

Those bits you bolded though can just as easily support what these people are claiming. Men more likely estimate as they've had more, whereas women are certain as they've had fewer.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Well considering men report so many sexual partners and women report so comparatively few, I can only conclude British men are banging each other.

It's the only way it makes any sense since every time a man has a new female sexual partner, a female has a new male sexual partner. This is the only way I can think of the numbers being accurate.

EDIT: UNLESS woman outnumber men by ~2:1 over there.
Steam /PSN/Most Accounts - rjdusa
SCII: rjdusa :351
Last edited by rjdusa at Dec 18, 2011,
I've hit my quota? I suppose I'll work on other stuff like a career and education now.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by MadClownDisease
Those bits you bolded though can just as easily support what these people are claiming. Men more likely estimate as they've had more, whereas women are certain as they've had fewer.

Nah, one bit catches my eye as well. Based on my own experience, I think it's safe to say that you could most likely remember how many you've had if you've had ten or less. 25% of men had more than ten partners though and at least 34% (it's probably higher) estimate. That's quite a fair margin!

What you've said is fair, but that's why I'm sceptical. Truth be told, I most likely wouldn't be surprised at what the ratio is, but that margin of difference is ridiculous
Men have more partners than women.
But the ratio of men to women are equal.
I call bullshit.
It's maths
**** OFF
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Last edited by Nameless742 at Dec 18, 2011,
9.3? Yeah, sounds about right, I'm 19 and I'm at 4.7 I expect to have 2.43 more sexual encounters in the next year or so, then Il settle down and keep it under 2.11
I always wanted to have sex with .3 of a woman

Would like to know where my other 8 are.

Yes, that's right. I'm not the purebred stud you all thought I was.
Women: Understating
Men: Overstating

Facts
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by Thrashtastic15
If you fuck a really fat girl does she count as more than one?

Is there something you want to tell us, Thrash?
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
Is there something you want to tell us, Thrash?

Well I'm either going to have to fuck a really fat girl or an amputee to hit the 9.3, right?
Quote by MinterMan22
I always wanted to have sex with .3 of a woman

.3 is a handjob
Quote by MM14
.3 is a handjob

Nah, that's 0. That's just laziness.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
Nah, that's 0. That's just laziness.

A real woman puts her money where her mouth is.
pinga
These numbers don't seem very..*sunglasses*........bang on
Quote by travs2448

How many of you are vegan?
Hopefully none

Does anyone know any fun recipes?
Yeah a big juicy flank steak

What can be done with tofu?
Nothing it taste like crap

Is there such thing as vegan meat? Vegan sausages ect
WTF ARE YOU ON?
That's a big fat f*cking lie