I wanted to give some new strings a try, I play mostly thrash metal... Right now I'm using Power slinkys. I just wanna give something else a try.. thanks in advance. btw Im in the us.
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
I like Dunlop strings. 10-46.

The heavycore strings are awesome too.

I used to be a die hard ernie ball guy, but after trying those I'm jumping ship.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I like D'addario, but I know Dimebag Darrell liked DR strings, and he had a pretty slamming metal tone, and he looked damned comfortable with his strings. He has signature ones if I'm not mistaken.
I used to use D'addario, but for some reason they would start rusting and eventually felt horrible to play with. Then my friend introduced me to DRs. Been using them since 2009 without problems, they're so slick they almost feel lubricated. And they don't rust. From what I hear Dunlop makes some pretty good strings as well.
I've tried some dr 10-46s on my old crappy guitar, havent tried any on this jackson, maybe I should give them another shot.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
They are a bit expensive, but you should definitely try out Dean Markley Blue Steel series. I use 12-54's tuned to C standard, and they are very articulate, longer than average life, a little bit bright though, but works like a charm on mahogany guitars.
*chugga chugga chuggity chug chug chug*
D'Addario 10.5-48's.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
D'Adarrio 9.5s.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
What tuning standard? I LOVed blue steel for standard tuning (the 2nd and 3rd day of a re-string anyways) but ive switched to DR DDT's for drop C tuning and they are solid..
i mostly just play in standard, every once in a while ill jam some pantera in drop d.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Right on - Grab some 10's for that kelly and have some fun. You will want to setup your guitar tho after changing guages. intonation usually maybe a little neck releife but if you are using 9's now going up to 10's may not yeild much movement..
dunlops are crap.go woth daddarios
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Dio10101
Dimebag Darrell liked DR strings, and he had a pretty slamming metal tone,

-1^

For a guy with so much talent, he was pretty much tone deaf for most of his Pantera years.

His Pantera tone is mostly awful.
Quote by surjer
Right on - Grab some 10's for that kelly and have some fun. You will want to setup your guitar tho after changing guages. intonation usually maybe a little neck releife but if you are using 9's now going up to 10's may not yeild much movement..

I am using 11-48 power slinkys ever since I got it in july.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
i picked up some D'Addario exl 115 11-49s and damn I love them. thanks.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
this is something that is totally personal preference.

i personally play 11-49 D'addario nickel blues. major reason is that because you can buy in bulk. 10 pack for $35 = $3.50 a pack. that may not seem to be a real big deal, but when you go through 20 packs a year, it adds up. i dont change my strings all that often, but play a lot of different guitars, and kind of rotate them in every once in a while.

most single packs cost $4-$6 online.
$6-$8 in mom and pop music stores

say the average pack of string is $5. buying 10 packs individually is obviously is $50. in bulk is $35, saves me $15.

really if you not sure what you want and don't mind spending a little extra cash, just order three or four sets of different brand strings and see what you like.

some people say some live longer, some say they rust, some say they break easier about EVERY brand of strings, it all comes down to you. some people's sweat is different and their strings rust faster because their sweat is different. a different brand could be the solution. some of the 'breakage claims' may be due to their specific guitar, a burr on the saddle, etc.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Recently put DR strings on my Jackson after playing Ernie Balls for years and I couldn't be happier. They seem to be lasting longer and I feel like the tone is better.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
yeah im liking these strings, but id also like to try the dimebag drs and the dunlops heavycore strings.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
yeah im liking these strings, but id also like to try the dimebag drs and the dunlops heavycore strings.

just an FYI, 'signature' strings are complete bullshit IMO. its just different gauges, maybe some are slightly different as far as the metals, but strings are personal preference, and not 'wow dimebag used these they must be awesome, because he is awesome, etc.'

if you like what gauges that are in that pack, well then buy it, there isn't anything wrong with that, but don't buy signature strings, just because somebody famous used them.

and i love dimebag, i was raised on pantera, i can remember waiting for Trendkill to come out. IIRC that was in 96, and i was 6 years old. after pantera broke up, damage plan formed. i wanted to see dime, unfortunately he was shot three days before i would have seen him. i had tickets.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Dec 27, 2011,
I'm using Rotosounds at the minute, but I don't think you can go wrong with d'addario or ernie ball.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
just an FYI, 'signature' strings are complete bullshit IMO. its just different gauges, maybe some are slightly different as far as the metals, but strings are personal preference, and not 'wow dimebag used these they must be awesome, because he is awesome, etc.'

if you like what gauges that are in that pack, well then buy it, there isn't anything wrong with that, but don't buy signature strings, just because somebody famous used them.

and i love dimebag, i was raised on pantera, i can remember waiting for Trendkill to come out. IIRC that was in 96, and i was 6 years old. after pantera broke up, damage plan formed. i wanted to see dime, unfortunately he was shot three days before i would have seen him. i had tickets.

ohh I was just gonna try some 11-49 or 50 from dr, so i figured id grab those. i could just get the ddts. no biggie.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
ohh I was just gonna try some 11-49 or 50 from dr, so i figured id grab those. i could just get the ddts. no biggie.

i am not discouraging you from them if they have the gauges you like. but what i dont understand people who think" that well this guy is awesome i want his signature strings so i will sound like him. you are also paying for the endorsement. it i pure marketing, and it works. if you ever see SRV signature strings somewhere if they would be made. he used 13's all the way up to 17's (i read somewhere, although i am 100% sure of the source).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i am not discouraging you from them if they have the gauges you like. but what i dont understand people who think" that well this guy is awesome i want his signature strings so i will sound like him. you are also paying for the endorsement. it i pure marketing, and it works. if you ever see SRV signature strings somewhere if they would be made. he used 13's all the way up to 17's (i read somewhere, although i am 100% sure of the source).

yeah i heard the same about SRV, crazy. ill just roll with these for now.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Try GHS Coated Boomers. Best strings I've ever used. Period. Keep on using 11-48's if you don't have a problem with that gauge.