Hey guys,

I'm recording a couple tunes of mine within the next couple of weeks and since I don't have access to a drumset, I was gonna use this loop as a drum track for the most part -
http://www.looperman.com/loops/detail/3088

However, it's some weird file type - Rx2. So, I was wondering if any of you had an idea as to how to go about converting it to wav or mp3 or something so that I can use it. It's really pissing me off because it's the perfect tempo and sound and it's the only one that I've seen in that format.

Thanks
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
It's a REX file. Can be played in a rex player in example, reason has a rex player called Dr OctoRex.

I don't know other plugin or player that can play this.

as far as I know you cannotconvert them to mp3. Someone might wanna jump in here.
Last edited by ShevanelFlip at Dec 18, 2011,
Alright thanks. There's another track that may work as well but it's a tad bit too fast.

Do you know if you have the ability to slow down loops in Reaper?
Quote by Robchappers

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
This is how I fix a problem like that. Disclaimer though before you read this, it's a headache the first time you do it, not so bad after that. This will get you what you want, you are just going to have to be willing to play around with it.

----------------

Download FRAPs, get a full version of it, (not that hard to do, and if you want to pay for it it's pretty cheap).

Go to settings in fraps, then tab over to "movies" select "record sound" under sound capture settings.

Open Windows Media Player, put it into full screen mode.

Hit the record button you have selected as your fraps record button.

Now, you are recording the sound coming from your computer. When you are done, drag that file into an editor, remove the video, and there you go. Raw, uncompressed audio. From there, you can convert it or compress it how you see fit.

This is annoying I know, but sometimes there just isn't a better way to do it.
I have a recording program like that where I can record through my computer haha I was actually thinking of doing that too. Thanks for the help
Quote by Robchappers

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W