I'm looking to get a different sound from my MiM strat.

Budget - The absolute max I'd go for is 700-800, but I'd prefer not to go that high if the quality isn't that much better

Favorite Artists - Nirvana, Radiohead, Led Zeppelin, The White Stripes, Queen, Frank Zappa, Megadeth. Basically, a wide variety, though I'd maybe like a guitar with some of the heavier sounds, because the strat gets the clean tones and such down.

Preferences - I'd like (But not require) 24 frets, no tremolo, any neck or body shape that isn't super uncomfortable is ok. I can deal with a thicker neck.

Pickups - It seems that I'd want humbuckers, or maybe humbuckers and single coils.

I'd prefer new to used.

Current Gear: MiM HSS Strat, Fender Mustang IV.( No, I do not want a new amp, this one sounds better than you might expect.)

Thanks.
You could get a Gibson Les Paul Faded http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-les-paul-studio-electric-guitar

We need more info on your preferences though. Comfort isn't an objectiable constant. Everyone finds comfort in different things. Neck shape/thickness, body shape/thickness. Telling us you want something comfortable tells us nothing, because there is no way we can know what you find comfortable.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by UchiaUltima
I'm looking to get a different sound from my MiM strat.

Budget - The absolute max I'd go for is 700-800, but I'd prefer not to go that high if the quality isn't that much better

Favorite Artists - Nirvana, Radiohead, Led Zeppelin, The White Stripes, Queen, Frank Zappa, Megadeth. Basically, a wide variety, though I'd maybe like a guitar with some of the heavier sounds, because the strat gets the clean tones and such down.

Preferences - I'd like (But not require) 24 frets, no tremolo, any neck or body shape that isn't super uncomfortable is ok. I can deal with a thicker neck.

Pickups - It seems that I'd want humbuckers, or maybe humbuckers and single coils.

I'd prefer new to used.

Current Gear: MiM HSS Strat, Fender Mustang IV.( No, I do not want a new amp, this one sounds better than you might expect.)

Thanks.

for a very short time Fender made the Showmaster. i have one and it is a really nice guitar. you should be able to find one quite a bit below your budget. some have trems but some don't some are single HB some are HH. they sold for $600ish depending on model they went over terribly and were clearanced out within a month or so, i am not sure why that happened. mine was very well built and a solid guitar and i paid $150. i kept it over a Jackson DKMGT, and a LTD H1000.

i know people dont generally look for a guitar of some unfamiliar model didn't hold out well just because of one persons advice (i wouldn't either), i am just bringing it up as a contender in case you see one in a shop.

here is mine. i was doing some work on it lol. i will try to find a complete pic.

, but i got mine for $150.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
i just got one of these myself but a GRGA42QA will do what your asking quite nicely>
Maybe a Jackson DKMGT or a Charvel SoCal (does have trem, but dive only)

any LTD guitar on the 1000 level would suffice, i think most of them are hardtail, but some also have floyds.

ibanez has some options, but they have really thin necks big hands don't always mix with the thin necks. i don't have a problem but going from a LP to a RG is a huge difference.

have you looked into Gibson? they have a few sub $1000 models, if you can go used you get a lot better options of fitting one in your budget.

Peavey Wolfgagns are amazing guitars. i have a MIA hardtail bridge

i have at one point owned most all except for the Charvel, i will be buying one though. i have had EC1000 as well as MH1000, and have only owned one ibanez, but that is trem, still its some experiance. i own 7 gibsons i love gibsons. i also own two peavey wolfgangs and they are awesome guitars. i would honestly put them on par or above my Ibanez Prestige as far as quality.

down here are some options that i have heard good things about or messed around with for a few minutes and been pleased.

Schecter makes some nice guitars, i enjoyed playing a C1. C1 or Hellraisers are popular.

PRS SE is right in your line, they are of great quality (i just don't like PRS, i just don't like the feel)

Epiphone has some higher end models that are of good quality. i would just get a used gibson though. thats just me.

I have never played a dean I have liked and haven't felt that they low quality for their price range.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Used Fender Showmaster, Gibson LP faded.
Ibanez RGs are good as well (the ones with a 1 on the end of the model number have no trem), but everyone on UG seems to reccommend them regardless of whether or not it's appropriate.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Last edited by PsiGuy60 at Dec 19, 2011,
Schecter C-1?
...Free from it all...
...Breathe in the darkest fall...

...We laugh and cry though a brothers eyes for now...

I'm cool because I have lyrics in my sig.

You can call me Rob.